What's new

Price drops on Sony STR-DA3ES and 'DA5ES. (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Crutchfield is now selling the Sony STR-DA3ES for $800 and the 'DA5ES for $1200. They had been selling them $1000 and $1500, respectively. Seeing as these receivers only hit the stores in October or November, I doubt that the price drops mean that Sony is going to release new models anytime soon. Maybe sales have been slow and Sony is simply trying to boost sales. It seems like the period of time that passes before Sony drops prices is much shorter than it used to be. A couple of years ago, it seems like Sony wouldn't drop prices on anything until successors had been announced or the product's natural lifespan had obviously passed (i.e., one year for a receiver). Anyway, I would like to know what Oade Bros. is selling these receivers for now. They had been at $985 on the 'DA5ES, but if they are down to $800 or so, then the receiver is an incredible bargain. One could probably get the 'DA3ES for $600 now. Just a guess.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
I noticed this on a Yahoo search too. These are a great bargain at this time! ubid had some for $619(5es) yesterday.But I could not get a straight answer from them on what "New" meant with a 30 day warranty. Very strange!:D
I suspect they are about to put a DD EX label on the new model and sell it for more. All the manufacturers are about to do this. I think thay all have it, it is just smoke and mirrors.

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
For that price and warrenty it has to be a refurb. Sony does not have authorized and unathorized resellers so no matter who you buy the product from you still get the hole warrenty.

chung

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed this on a Yahoo search too. These are a great bargain at this time! ubid had some for $619(5es) yesterday.But I could not get a straight answer from them on what "New" meant with a 30 day warranty. Very strange!
I think those are grey market items, and there is no Sony warranty with the units. I think they ended up selling for much higher than $619.

Tom-K

Stunt Coordinator
Is the 3 just a lesser powered version than the 5? Or are there other processing/options differences that I'm not aware of. Thanks.

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
I know that one of the differences are that the 5 has prologic II and the 3 doesn't, as well as the 3 not having as much power.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Tweeter is also selling the 'DA3ES and 'DA5ES for $800 and $1200, respectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks