What's new

Preset video modes on Mitsu 65511...? (1 Viewer)

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
I know a lot of sets have preset modes such as "Sports", "Movie", etc., but I cannot find any such settings on my Mitsu 65511. I am despirately trying to get as good a calibration as I can using DVE, and the famed Mitsubishi "Red Push" is getting in the way. I was hoping that if there was a preset that would get me closer... Any help would be greatly appriciated! TIA!

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
C'mon....

There has got to be other Mitsu owners out ther that can verify whether or not these settings exits, and how to access them... Can any of the ISF people give any suggestions as to DVE video calibration on this display (full ISF calibration is not yet in the buget, and unfortunately Colorado is not currently on Mr. Loewen's schedule...)?

Michael Young

Stunt Coordinator
Yea I never get answers on my Mitsubishi questions either.

I do have a Mits TV, 52" HD RPTV platinum.

It has no video modes like sports, etc. but thats good. these are completely unneccesary.

I've been calibrating mine often, the red push will fade some over time, but you need to calibrate the colors correctly using Avia/DVE and it should balance pretty well.

First off turn VSM off, this is edge enhancement.
Turn color to Medium. then Converge the television. I use the advanced patterns, once this is set you should calibrate using Avia/DVE. Calibrate the contrast by adjusting it to the whitest it can be, but lowest setting, so it 70% looks the same white as 90% use 70%, then brightness, then color settings.
I just set the blue correctly, and the green/red is just as good as it gets without ISF calibration.

those sports / movie etc. settings are pointless, they are just patterns for the adjustments you can make. Remember you r settings per input is saved, so you can calibrate the DVD input, then TV input, then xbox input etc. and each will have seperate settings.

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
Thanx, Michael!

I was hoping that one of these might differ in the "red push"... and that I could get a little closer with the DVE calibration.... Tonight I am going to re-calibrate my sound (new sub and all) again, and am going to hit the video as well...

Michael Young

Stunt Coordinator
I think turning color to Medium will help the most with the red push issue you are seeing.

Also I believe Medium looked the best to me contrast wise, where its more of the true white DVE tries to explain.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks