What's new

Potential bedroom theatre layout Q's (1 Viewer)

Adam.N

Auditioning
Hi guys,
I have a pretty small and cramped bedroom but I will still like to put some kind of HT setup in there, as I love movies/concert DVD's but am yet to experience surround sound (always mono out of TV to date, yuk). I'm not interested in which components yet; I just wanna know if a decent setup can be done in the room.
Basic Image
I've drawn up this potential layout for all the stuff in my room, and have a few questions.
Firstly the only place i'd be able to mount the rear speakers is directly behind the sitting chair, would this setup still be able to produce beleiveable surround effects?
Also, on the 'north' wall of the room two of the speakers will be close to the wall, which i heard can produce more bass than those that aren't near a wall. Is there some way that this can be composated for in the setup for the receiver to balance it out?
Finally, would having the cupboard on the south wall effect the sound at all, even though it is not directly blocking any speakers etc?
Im a big n00b to HT stuff, and as I said before this is just a potential layout, I would only start buying the components if I knew I could get a decent sound experience out of the room. Thanks for your help,
Adam.N

Colin-H

Second Unit
I'd put the the subwoofer in the corner (top right in your diagram), and I might also consider getting a sofa bed. I have this one, and although I don't like dealing with Ikea, they do have awesome prices.
Don't forget, you're probably going to want some sort of coffee table in there to put snacks, drinks, and remotes on.
I have a 7.1 setup in my bedroom, so anything is possible.
My surrounds are on speaker stands set slightly higher than the mains. They are firing directly across the listening area like in this diagram, and my rears are about two-and-a-half feet behind the couch. I wish I could get them higher than the speaker stands allow, but that'd be tough, so I'll just deal with it for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks