Possible receiver probelm, need opinions

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by NickC, Oct 14, 2003.

1. NickC

NickC Second Unit

I have noticed that my receiver, Yamaha R-V1103 (bought in oct 1998), for some reason the left channel is significantly louder then the right. I can fix the problem by adjusting the balance, but I have never had a problem like this and I don't want to resort to using the balance to fix it.

I don't know when it started as I am just noticing it now, it isn't the source, as I have tried many different sources, it isnt the speaker, as I have had the speaker on another channel and it works fine, Sometimes the speaker appears to be playing at the same level as the other, but I am not sure what i am doing to provoke this, I have tried playing with the cables and nothing seems clear, does this sound like an amp problem?

UPDATE:
    Well I have narrowed the problem down to the volume control knob, when pressed in certain directions the volume of the right speaker takes a significant hit , so now that I know what the problem is, how do I go about fixing it?

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

The repair will probably be as much as it's worth - but get a quote anyway...

Good Luck!