What's new

Possible receiver probelm, need opinions (1 Viewer)

NickC

Second Unit
I have noticed that my receiver, Yamaha R-V1103 (bought in oct 1998), for some reason the left channel is significantly louder then the right. I can fix the problem by adjusting the balance, but I have never had a problem like this and I don't want to resort to using the balance to fix it.

I don't know when it started as I am just noticing it now, it isn't the source, as I have tried many different sources, it isnt the speaker, as I have had the speaker on another channel and it works fine, Sometimes the speaker appears to be playing at the same level as the other, but I am not sure what i am doing to provoke this, I have tried playing with the cables and nothing seems clear, does this sound like an amp problem?

UPDATE:
Well I have narrowed the problem down to the volume control knob, when pressed in certain directions the volume of the right speaker takes a significant hit , so now that I know what the problem is, how do I go about fixing it?

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
The repair will probably be as much as it's worth - but get a quote anyway...

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks