What's new
World Wide Stereo

Portable DVD Players? (1 Viewer)

GeoffBr

Agent
I'll be switching jobs shortly to a position that involves a great deal of travel... in light of that, I'm looking to purchase a quality DVD player at a reasonable price, that I could use in the middle of my flights.

I guess there are three main factors that I'm considering:

1) affordability (more in terms of a cost/benefit tradeoff
than in absolute price per se)
2) quality (picture and sound)
3) battery life (I would prefer that it last longer than an
hour or two, but I'm not 100% sure what the baseline is)

Can anyone recommend something?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
Using the ever-handy search function here at the Home Theater Forum turns up some existing links:

here

and here

and
here

andeven here

I'm tired of cutting/pasting the links so try the search function before posting a question. You'll get quicker answers and less drag on the forum infrastructure. :emoji_thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum, Geoff (good name) :)

GeoffBr

Agent
Thanks for the response, but before I get a tidal wave of similar replies, I tried 3 different search strings (portable dvd player & the individual pieces) and came up with absolutely no relevant responses... not sure what string you used, but I always try to check beforehand. (I've run into this problem before as well -- the search almost seems to avoid finishing for some reason -- so I'm thinking it might be an issue with my computer.)

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
I searched for 'portable' in this 'Audio/Video Sources' forum. I also used the slowest search option... Give that a try. I'm happy to hear you tried it.

You'll love it here at the HTF, once you've entered, it's hard to leave (sounds like a Vincent Price DVD..hmmm, Ron? Parker?)

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Screw a portable. Get a notebook. You'll be able to email, cruise the forums (like this one!), play online or single player games, AND watch DVDs on a screen bigger than anything else you'll get in a plain DVD player. Notebooks are now under $1000 so the difference, while not paltry, isn't that much. It's a LOT more fun on the road and a great way to communicate with your office and your family.

I'm surprised if you're taking such a job your employer won't give you one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks