What's new

Polychrome Glacier 360° view -Denali national park. (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Here's a teaser image from the 160 or so pictures I have from Denali National Park and also the Chilkoot Trail from Dyea to Bennett (Yukon Territory)... I have the photos on my computer but not on the net yet. I am currently downloading some QT authoring software so I can make a QTVR of this shot... Hope you like it, I know one photo of the panaramic got messed up because I was focusing on something that was near not the mountains in the distance so part of this shot looks bad. You'll see but I think it came out OK, it's my first panaramic and first time trying out Panaramic Factory.. so without further ado, here it is (a link):
Panoramic view
For some odd reason, this doesn't seem to work for me with NS4.79 but it works in IE5!, maybe it's too big for NS so it decides not to load it :angry:
This is from Polychrome Glacier right past Polychrome overlook and south of Polychrome Mtn (duh!!!). If you ever get a chance to go to Denali, do it, get off the park road and go wander into the wilderness and just get away from it all.
Anyway, the rest of the pictures will be up sooner or later...
Jay

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Looks pretty cool Jay.

The only thing I noticed was the difference in exposures between the frames. Does the program offer something to correct that.

Brent
Work fine on NS6.2

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
my IE6 only pulls down the top 1/2inch on your panorama, but enough to see blue sky...

I've cruised the Denali interior (area 13?) and loved the looks from bus tourists when I disembarked w/ backpack and walked "into the bush."

Also more recently thru Dyea (I found the nice, uncrowded NPS campgrd). Took the White Pass train to Mile 14 drop-off to camp overnight and hike out across Laughton Glacier.

Love to see more of yr pix

bill

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yeah, the program offers some manual tuning. I am not a photographer and let my digicam autoexpose everything. The program (Panorama Factory- www.panoramafactory.com) does autocompensation, but I might get better results if I manually do it, who knows, I'm still learning the program.
I downloaded all the QT authoring software and made my first QTVR, but I didn't have time to upload it.
Bill, that must be something with the connection between my webserver and you, or perhaps it's teasing you with my tease? :)
We met a bunch of people who did the Chilkoot who stayed at the Dyea campground. My friend and I though decided to live in luxury by staying at a B&B called Cindy's Place which is .25 in on Dyea Road and got a ride from Dyea Dave (a real oddball but a funny guy) to the trailhead. We met a guy who went out to Laughton, said it was real nice, he said he did Denver glacier and also went out to the Atlin area. We also met some ladies who actually live in Dawson City so that was cool.. Did you stay in the red caboose that the White Pass sublets to hikers and stuff? You can reserve the caboose and stay a night in there, the train goes right past it.
Area 13 should be just west of our area because the numbers start at 1 around the park visitor's center and go up as you go towards Wonder Lake. That was area 8. We also had two nights before, one in 5 and the other in 4, that would be the Sanctuary River and the Savage River, respectively. Last year, we base camped in Wonder Lake and did day hikes.
Another nice area is by the Eielson Center, we did some day hikes there last year and it was fun to walk along the McKinley Bar and up towards the glaciers.
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks