What's new

Polk people, Need *Exact* Center model# match for RT3's (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
A friend is trying to find this information, and asked if I would post for him.
As question states, can anyone provide the model #'s ~{for Center speakers}~ that are the exact matches for the RT3' bookshelf speaks that where sold aprox 2 - 3 years ago.
He is not interested in the current line that (may come close) in sound, but the *EXACT CENTER* matches for the RT3's....
Thank you for any help in model numbers!
Regards
Geoff

JohanK

Second Unit
I have a CS225 which is a match for the RT3 (i.e. same tweeter and sold during same timeframe).

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Thanks Johan for the model # :emoji_thumbsup:
There are others that where direct matches for the RT-3's I belive...??
I think there were 3 centers total that used the same tweeter though the driver size & cabnit may have been larger or smaller? Im not sure by any means, trying to go from memorie.....
Can you confirm this, Johan ?? ~ or anyone else?
Of course model #s would be apreciated....
Thanx
Geoff

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Yes, Polk Audio was e-mailed and did reply. Though it seems they where interested in selling him a currant model they felt would be a close match.
As he stated to me that he did ask, I would like the direct center match for the RT-3 model.
I will suggest to him to e-mail them again and insist on original RT-3 center match model numbers. He did say that he did ask for this specificaly. Maybe a mis-understanding on thier part, I dont know.
Still if some one knows the answers that would be great.
Geoff

TimGruwell

Auditioning
Geoff,
I just did a simple search at PolkAudio and found this in the FAQ section. Hope this helps!
Link Removed
Tim

JohanK

Second Unit
Polk also had the 275 and 350 during the same time period. However, the 275 and the 350 both had the tri-lam tweet. The 225 would be the proper match though one of my brothers runs the 275 w/ RT5s (RT3s as rears) in one of his setups with excellent results.

Douglas S.L

Auditioning
Geoff Thought i might add, the tech from Polk said the CS 245i would be a real good match. He did not give another model #...... I did ask for all that would match for my RT3's. Yes it's your brother, i did it sooner than you thought i would...I'm now a member

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Hi Doug
Well bro, looks like you have your {Center} answers.
And as is the tradition,
Welcome to HTF! :D
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks