What's new
World Wide Stereo

Polk FXi5 or RTI6 to complete 7.1 + questions (1 Viewer)

NeverSeen

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
Hi all!

I have the opportunity to move from 5.1 to 7.1 with my move to a dedicated 14' x 11' theater room that i am working on.

Currently my setup is:
Onkyo TX-SR702
Polk RTi10 Front
Polk CSi5 Center
Polk RTi6 Rear
Velodyne DPS-12

For the surround channel should I use FXi5 and move the RTi6's to the rear or just get another set of RTi6's?

Is the Onkyo 702 going to be able to power this setup?

How do I utilize the second set of connections on the back of each speaker?

Is this setup overkill for such a small room?

728x90

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I would think so, but too much is better than not enough. Just be sure to get your hearing checked. And do it often :laugh: .

NeverSeen

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
I figured I could always turn it down if needed :). I'd prefer not to have to replace the entire system if I move into a larger house.

Another couple of questions...
On my setup menu of the Onkyo 702 it has the channels listed as "Center, Front Left, Front Right, Surround Left, Surround Right, Rear Left, Rear Right"

Which two of those would I turn off when running 5.1? (I'm really hoping I've had the right ones picked out over the past year).

For the 7.1 would the surround L/R channels be the "middle" 2 speakers and and the Rear L/R be the "rear" speakers?

NeverSeen

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
After reading up more on the FXi5s I like that people say their placement is flexable, and I like the less gaudy design of the FXi5's if I were to mount them on the wall. The triangular shape would pose less of a risk of someone slaming there head into them when sitting down/standing up on the side of the couch. I could then move my RTi6 to the rear of the room.

Now the only thing I am concerned about is how the dipole/bipole works and how it would fit in with this system, in this room.

I am currently building the theater with a floating plywood floor on slab covered in carpet, 2 exterior block walls with insulation and drywall, and 2 interior walls that are going to be channel mounted. Door is a heavy exterior type door.

I will check tonight to make sure that the reciever was setup correctly for 5.1 heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oussa13
Recent bookmarks