What's new

Please help me clear up some confusion (1 Viewer)

ScottO

Auditioning
I have two component inputs on my HDTV, but three devices I want to use (DVD, Xbox and Motorola 5100 HDTV decoder). I am on a budget and would like to try a Radio Shack a/v selector as a possible solution, but I can't figure out how to go about setting it up.

Bob wrote in another thread:

Others on a budget have bought the Radio Shack 4 input audio/video selector box (15-1976) for $40 and found it works great for their PS DVD player, XBox, etc. Yes, you use the L/R/Audio jacks for the 3 component wires. This is what I'd recommend you do.

Since I have two Component inputs I really only need to split one, so does that mean I should run the component cables from my DVD and Xbox into the a/v selector and then run another component cable from the selector out to the last remaining component in? My Receiver doesn't have any component jacks so this isn't a possibility.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Sounds like you already have it figured out. Let us know how the AV switcher works for you.

Regards

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks