1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Please give your opinion on this DVD player.....

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Daniel Becker, May 15, 2003.

1. Daniel Becker

Daniel Becker Second Unit

Here is the link......

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...UMSDH&Dept=hav

I'm registering for my upcoming wedding and I wanted to hear some opinions on this player before I added it to my list. My biggest concern is with the chroma bug. Does anyone know if Sony's have problems with it? I think this is a new model Sony player, right? Thanks.

Dan.B

2. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I have one sitting at home....it's much better than the Panasonic S35S in terms of PQ. The machine is for my mother, but hers developed a burning smell while it was playing a DVD. Even the disc itself has the burning smell!! I am exchanging it simply because it's easy for her to operate and the remote also controls the basic functions of her high-def capable Sony big screen....

It's a new model and if you look around, you can pick it up for about $130.00. I picked mine up for $140.00 including tax at my local dealer.

3. Daniel Becker

Daniel Becker Second Unit

Thanks for the info. Hopefully that "burning smell" problem was a isolated incident. I think i'm going to stick with this one and hopefully we get it for our wedding.

Dan.B

4. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Congratulations on the wedding!!

It's a very nice machine. Regarding the burning smell, I hope it's an isolated incident as well. I had no problem at all with my other Sony DVD player.