What's new

Please don't do that! Sequels and Remakes you did not see coming... (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, I looked him up and I have seen one film he (wrote and) directed, Fury, and three others that he wrote, Training Day, Dark Blue, and U-571.

I enjoyed all of those and based on the fact he did Fury maybe he would keep the WWII setting.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, I see there is discussion of a Lethal Weapon 5 employing the elderly Gibson and Glover combo. Didn't they begin this series of films with the line "I'm getting too old for this shit."

Well, I assume, they really are way too old for this shit.

They could stage a walker vs. wheelchair chase through a nursing home I guess.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Also, Eddie Murphy is eyeing a return to being a Beverly Hills Cop. Perhaps he could arrest Will Smith for slapping Chris Rock. This looks like a real banana in the tailpipe event.

Last edited:

YANG

Screenwriter
Murphy’s action life ended with Metro and Showtime. It's going to be hard for audiences to re-embrace him as action super star again...

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
So, I see there is discussion of a Lethal Weapon 5 employing the elderly Gibson and Glover combo. Didn't they begin this series of films with the line "I'm getting too old for this shit."

I smell a huge hit Gibson will pull it off

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Gibson.jpg

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen

It's going to be their version of MST3K. They will sit in front of a screen watching the previous Lethal Weapon movies and riff on them, with a quota of one "getting too old for this shit" crack every five minutes.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I can't tell if Mel Gibson's The Wild Bunch remake is happening or not. I believe he claims to have a script for it but it looks like he is doing two other sequels before he gets to it. A sequel to The Passion of the Christ (I think we all likely know how that one turns out) and a Lethal Weapon sequel which he will act in and direct I guess.

Seems it would be a while before he would get to The Wild Bunch, which I am sort of hoping he does not.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Wow, so I guess everything really is going to get remade. It seems they are already shooting the remake of Road House, yes the one with Patrick Swayze, and Jake Gyllenhaal steps into the Swayze role.

I mean the first picture did not seem to be a good idea but making it again, that's just going to do serious damage to the world's cheese supply.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Wow, so I guess everything really is going to get remade. It seems they are already shooting the remake of Road House, yes the one with Patrick Swayze, and Jake Gyllenhaal steps into the Swayze role.

I mean the first picture did not seem to be a good idea but making it again, that's just going to do serious damage to the world's cheese supply.

It seems like there's two routes to remake Road House- they either go the 21 Jump Street way and embrace the ridiculousness of the original and make the movie a comedy or they drop the corny 80's crap and try to make a more serious action movie. With Limen and Gyllenhaal, I'd think they're going to try to do a serious action movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks