What's new

Playmakers 10/28/03 (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I did a search for Playmakers, a thread I started a while back and it didn't turn up the thread, and I tried different variations and it didn't turn up, so we'll start again.

LOTS OF SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A completely emberrassing episode tonight. The ending was so bad I'm about ready to give up on the show. The player comes out to his teammates, is an all-star, and is forced off the team for an incident in which he purchased drugs for another player.

Horrific tie together that basically gutted what could have been an interesting storyline.. if he had stuck with the team, it would have been a compelling story; but to basically "out" and then "dismiss" the gay character was just bad; and then to have him finish with a press conference in which he tells people how eager he is to be engaged.. what a crock.. that's unrealistic.. if he just outted himself to a room of 60 people, doesn't he think people will know?

Cheap writing for a finish, and a horrible payoff.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Willbanks is a total a-hole. Man I knew that drug deal in the parking lot would come back to haunt him (Guerwitz) (sp?).

He really took a beating in practice. What a tough s.o.b.

that's unrealistic.. if he just outted himself to a room of 60 people, doesn't he think people will know?
Maybe not. Alot of stuff never leaves the locker room. Nobody may hear about it since he's going to (apparently) marry the hottie girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks