What's new

Pizza Cuts Cancer Risk? (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
From the people (ok person) who brought you "Junk Food is Addictive!" and *munch*munch* "Boy trapped in fridge eats own foot!" comes all-new "Cancer Cuts Cancer Risk?" *slurp* and here it is...*belch*

ROME (Reuters) - Gorging pizza could help reduce the risk of certain forms of cancer -- Italian scientists say.

In a twist to the accepted medical wisdom that food you really enjoy tends to be bad for you, researchers at a Milan pharmacology center found that eating one or more pizzas a week dramatically reduced the incidence of some types of cancer.

A study of 8,000 Italians found that regular pizza-eaters were 59 percent less likely to contract cancer of the esophagus, while the risk of developing cancer of the colon fell by 26 percent.

"We knew that tomato sauce was protective against certain tumors, but we certainly didn't expect that pizza as a whole would provide such strong protection," researcher Silvano Gallus told Sunday's La Repubblica newspaper.

*munch* There you go people and... hey where'd you all go?
Hmmm now I'm trying to imagine *munch*munch* the membership turning into a bunch of fatties gorging themselves on pizza, oh wait!;)

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Of course you won't get cancer if you stuff yourself with pizza......you'll die of heart attack first. Statistics, you've gotta love it....

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Well, that would explain why I hate pizza (the North American kind)...because it is good for me!

As for colon cancer...pizza sometimes gives me diarrhea-like symptoms, and as a recent study reports, diarrhea can stop colon cancer!

Masturbate. Eat pizza. Sit on toilet. Sure you can live forever, but what kind of life is that? (aside from the first bit)

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. The pizzas I enjoyed in Italy (La Madalena, Rome, Naples) didn't have a whole lot (read: hardly any) cheese or tomato sauce on them.

And, no, I didn't order Foccacia by mistake, wiseasses!;)

And, imagine my surprise the first time I had Ravioli with fish stuffed in it, in a red sauce.

Todd

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I wonder if they will start using this info on commercials. Everytime I eat pizza now I will enjoy it more knowing it is a heathfood(JK).

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
They didn't say anything about how much garlic they had on them. That stuff will kill just about anything.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Glenn

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
I can't wait to find out what extra hot buffalo wings cures ..... The chicken industry must be working on that to combat the pizza industry....

This will be great, when beer, pizza and wings turns out to be healthy... oh happy days....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks