What's new

Pioneer VSX-45TX powering off at high volume. Clipping? (1 Viewer)

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
My Pioneer Elite vsx-45tx has been running fine but yesterday when I was watching The Punisher in Digital EX (6 channel) it started powering off at high volume (around -20). Its been running fine up to -12 level with 5.1 Digital Dolby. Although I don't have the rear center hooked up the display still shows that all 6 channels are active.

Any pros here have suggestions, ideas? How do I over come this problem?

I'm starting to wonder about getting a 3 channel amp for the 3 front speakers. I have to say that I'm a little disappointed because I read several comments about Pioneer VSX receivers having more than adequate powers for their ratings.

My speakers: Front main: Paradigm Studio 20; Center: Paradigm Reference Studio CC; Rear: El Cheapo Sherwood mini HTIB speakers; Sub: Tempest with 370W plate amp

NicholasL

Second Unit
I may be wrong, but I believe this problem only ocurred among older 45tx units. I think they identified the problem and fixed it upon shipping out their next batch. I think you're going to have to contact their support and have this fixed.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I had some problem w/ my 6ohm (dip as low as 4ohm) Swans Diva 4.1s shutting down my 43TX. To get around it I used the bi-amp feature in which each amp channel saw a higher impedance. The speakers you have shouldn't be that hard to drive unless the backs are maybe 4ohm.

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
NicholasL,
How do I know if mine is of the older batch? Is there a manufacture date range to identify from?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks