What's new

Pioneer VSX-1014TX vs. Yamaha RX-750? (1 Viewer)

Greg Labate

Stunt Coordinator
I have Swan Diva 2.1, C3, R3s, and SVS 10" sub (5.1 setup), used primarily for home theater, in a 14x14x10 room.

I heard the Pioneer 1014 is very close in quality to the Elite. But I got raves about the Yamaha, especially its YPAO and ability to convet S-video to component.

Any recommendations? I'm also looking for a very "user friendly" model.

Thanks!

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
The Yamaha RX-V750 doesn't have true YPAO - the parametric EQ is missing.

I can't comment on the 1014, but I do own the 54TX. Plus, I just sold my HTR-5760, which is essentially the same as the RX-V650.

Some observations:

Remotes and operation: The Yamaha was slightly easier to use when it comes to the remote. However, Pioneer is a close 2nd. Both are way easier than the remotes from H/K and Sony ES - which I've owned before.

Sound: With my setup, I'll give a slight nod to better sound when it comes to the Pioneer. However, the Elite was 2x the price.

Personally, I don't think you would go wrong with the purchase of either receiver. Both perform well, sound well and should serve your needs well.

Trevor_S

Auditioning
What about the Denon 1082 being offered refurbished at Ecost? I have set my sites on the Yamaha RX-V750 also, but I keep going back to check out the Denon. I am not sure if anyone can compare the value for us or if people recommend staying away from refurbished unless your budget dictates it?

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Trevor,

The Denon AVR-1082 is actually an AVR-3802. Might have more than a few limitations when it comes to what is offered by today's standards of receivers.

However, I'm sure the sound would be very good coming from that particular Denon receiver. If one can do without having the "latest and greatest" features, it still might serve one well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks