What's new

pioneer elite 620 protective screen (1 Viewer)

Steven CJ

Auditioning
I have a pioneer elite 620 with a protective screen over the "regular" tv screen. What is the function of this screen? Does this screen cause more reflection of natural light in a room with windows? If it does cause more reflection can it be removed?

Steven CJ

Auditioning
How difficult is it to remove the protective screen? How risky to the tv is the process of removing the screen? What is the problem with having a tv without the screen?

thanks for your help

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I don't know how difficult it is to remove the screen from your Pioneer; call Pioneer to find out. But if the screen does not interfere with your enjoyment of the RPTV, then keep it on. However, nearly any professional calibrationist would advocate removing the screen.

vinceFL

Auditioning
Removing the Pioneer protective screen is pretty easy! I have a non-elite 533. Remove the front panel screws near the grill. The 2 side rails pop-off. A pioneer CRT projection has 3 layers...only remove the outermost layer, the glare screen slide up towards the ceiling and out...the other 2 layers are tight enough that they will hold in place without it. The pioneer picture without the protection is breathtaking...but dont scratch it. kids pets etc...........I did it about 3 years ago...it might slide out to the side..you will see it when you remove the side panels...

good luck Vince

Chad B

Stunt Coordinator
I agree, it is well worth it. On the models I have done, Pioneer has some super he-man plastic snaps holding the screen and grills in place. It's unnerving trying to get them off the first time. I thought I was going to break it. After the first time they come off easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks