What's new

Pioneer DV-C503 and Sony DA555ES Reciever problem (1 Viewer)

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator
I have the DV-C503 DVD Changer. All and all I love the player. My only problem is this, on the majority of my DVD's (I own over 200) I experience a static popping/hiss noise when browsing through dvd menu selections. When I click on a menu option, it is immediatly followed by this static noise. I've noticed that on my Sony DA555ES reciever the display changes to "stereo pcm" from the DD/prologic signal. Once the reciever says "stereo pcm" the noise will be made on the any selection in the menu's I pick.
I know it is player related, as my previous 3 dvd players (Pioneer DV-525, Pioneer DVL-909, and Sony S500d) do not experience this issue with these discs. The funny thing is if I hook the player up to my Denon 3801 reciever, this issue doesn't occur. But I know it is related to this player, as all of my previous dvd players didnt experience this problem with my Sony reciever.
Is there a firmware update that will fix this issue?
Does anyone know if the DV-C603 will experience the same problem?
Thanks,
Lane

Rob Lotspeich

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
Lane,
I have the Sony DA-30ES receiver, and one of my roommates from a few years back had a Pioneer DV-414. I don't recall the exact DVD player model. We had the same problem. I believe I just set the receiver's input to the actual cable type as oppossed to Auto Input(i.e. set it to Optical if your using an optical cable).
I hope this helps, Rob ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks