What's new

Pioneer DV-563A (1 Viewer)

Francois L

Stunt Coordinator
I want to know if some of you that have a DV-563A experienced some problems with the level of the sixth (or LFE) channel when playing SACD?

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
There's quite a bit of discussion about this in the dedicated 563 thread. Basically, the LFE channel is about 10 dBs too low...

Francois L

Stunt Coordinator
10 dB! No wonder I was asking myself!
But with DVD both audio and video, is the LFE level correct?

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
Lower .1 output on the 5.1 analog outs is a common problem. In a few articles I've read, it's not clear if the problem is in the receiver end or the dvd player end. The solution is to calibrate with Avia (or other disc) and bump up the .1 output either at the player or at your receiver. My receiver has a separate set of channel level settings for the 5.1 analog inputs.

Also, if you read the very long thread on the 563A, there is a link to a review that one of the members did which goes into a good bit of detail on the bass management behavior of this player.

btw, has anyone else noticed that the price of this unit has plummeted recently. The local Best Buy has it for $135.

cheers,

--tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks