What's new

Pioneer 563A (1 Viewer)

Larry Hayward

Auditioning
I'm thinking about buying this, but in looking at the back connections, I don't understand how the center, surround and subwoofer outputs go into my receiver (Yamaha HTR-5250), unless they go into the external decoder jacks. Assuming that's true, I guess I would have to turn the external decoder on when using the DVD player for audio (what about movies) and off when using other sources (TV, tuner, phono, tape). Does anyone have a comment on how the picture quality compares to the Denon DVD-910, which I am now testing and think has a great picture. Thanks, Larry

Larry Hayward

Auditioning
Also, would I have to go out and buy a whole slew of special cables for this? Does it come with the usual standard cheap connectors? Thanks, guys.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Yes, you will need 6 wires going to the multi-channel EXT inputs on the receiver to hear DVD-A and SACD. The DVD player will decode the audio and send the analog signal to the Yahama, which will only amplify the signal. For DVDs you can use either the multi channel analog or a digital connection. The digital is reccommended for DVDs because the receiver usually has better bass management.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks