What's new

Pio 1015 finally available (1 Viewer)

ray tubach

Stunt Coordinator
So here I sit, finally decided to purchase the 1014 and notice the 1015 is finally available. I'm not sure what the actual differences are.

Does anyone know what is different/new/upgraded in the 1015?

Chris Brock

Second Unit
The thing that really has me considering an upgrade is the 3rd component input. For me that would mean only 1 component video cable to the display and the ability to change both video and audio at the same time with one button. Right now my wife always gets mad because if she wants to watch a movie or play xbox when I am not there she ends up getting confused on what setting everything needs to be on.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Do note that most of the other stereo companies will shortly be announcing their upcoming models.

WMA-9 support may not be unique. Three Component inputs might not be unique. It may be the first receiver with THX Select2, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it will stand alone in the marketplace for more than a month or two.

Who knows? Denon might decide to integrate firewire or DenonLink into its lower priced receivers. I know that Onkyo is adding some more goodies, such as auto room calibration (of some sort) to its 503 and 603 receivers, Perhaps they've also added a third component in...

It's traditional that new models also receive a price upgrade. The VSX-1015 is $650. At about $350, the 1014 is deeply discounted.

ray tubach

Stunt Coordinator
OK, this is what I thought. thanks for the replies. I'm not concerned with the 10 more W/ch or the extra component input as this is going into a dedicated theater (only DVD source) but I was interested in the THX Select2, and maybe what the WMA may bring to the table.

Since the 1014 was delivered a couple of days ago and is sitting in my office unopened, it caused me to speculate if it might be worth it to exchange it for the 1015.

ray tubach

Stunt Coordinator

Really!? how do you know, it doesn't show up on their website.:angry:

this is where I ordered the 1014 from so it would be a simple exchange. I wonder if it would be worth the $130 difference...

joseFMJ

Stunt Coordinator
Its 350. shipped from J&R, if they got any left in stock. I was there earlier in the week.

James Phung

Second Unit
Ray,
JR just got them. You can order it by phone. THX Select 2 from what I hear adds THX game mode from what I've read.

ray tubach

Stunt Coordinator
thanks James. now I gotta decide if it's worth the extra $110 to ship mine back and get the 1015.

I will say this though, it's starting to get chancy to find a 1014. they are off the J&R website as of yesterday.

Oupei

Agent
I know all those 1080p computer demos have wma9, but is wma9 the next thing for hd-dvds? And how do you transfer from the source, same SPDIF as DD/DTS? If I can future proof myself for the next generation of media, then I'm definitely waiting on this one.

Jason Nathan

Auditioning
The new 1015 is definitely a step up in features and it seems worth consideration, especially at $430

I do have a question though -- Does it have Lip-Sync adjustment? Deal killer for me unfortunately.

I can deal with the lack of 12V but i gotta have the Lip-Sync.

Thanks

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks