What's new

Pictures of my new 1803 box (1 Viewer)

Jerry Parker

Stunt Coordinator
Over a month ago (sorry it took so long to post pics) I finished my new enclosure for my Blueprint 1803 woofer. I used a 24" diameter sonotube 1/4" thick. the internal volume is somewhere around 15 or 16 cubic feet after displacments. It is tuned to 18hz with a 10 inch diameter port.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jerry Parker

Stunt Coordinator
Oh and I plan to upgrade from my *small* 250w partsexpress plate amplifier to a QSC RMX 1450 soon! :D

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
What room is that monster in? That isn't a dorm room is it??

So, how's it sound? I would love to have an 1803! But the AV12 will have to do for now!

Jerry Parker

Stunt Coordinator
You guessed it, its in my dormroom!

It sounds great, but you really need some type of equilization on it to sound its best.

Sadly Blueprint is out of business, you cant get them anymore. :frowning:

A

Anthony_Gomez

1803's...they were one hell of a deal :)

a BFD is DEFINATELY in order though:)

actually, if you can afford it, perhaps a the Rane PE17 :) pricey, but you get parametric EQing plus the XO filters. ..I'm sure there are other options as well

one thing is for sure the new enclosure is MUCh better than the prototype I remember from back in the day;) good job!

..time to crack some morter:D

Brian-K-Owens

Stunt Coordinator
I just sold my pair of 1803's!!! :frowning:

They were in 24" sonotubes, but only 13 ft^3.

That sub sounds like &^*$ compared to what you will get from it with the EQ. I just bought another one for someone else for only $119. Worth every penny.

I sold one of my subs complete, and I installed a 250 watt plate amp on the side of the tube. I will say I was surprised who much output I got with the plate amp, but just wait until you get 1000+ watts going to it. I was getting 135 dB from just one of them!!!!!

Looks nice. . . .good luck!!!

Mt webpage

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Jerry, you have that in a dorm room??? Holy crap. As a former RA, I'd hate you! :) Actually, I'd have to build a sub that could compete! Looks nice though!

Jerry Parker

Stunt Coordinator
1803's...they were one hell of a deal
1803's...they were one hell of a deal

a BFD is DEFINATELY in order though

actually, if you can afford it, perhaps a the Rane PE17 pricey, but you get parametric EQing plus the XO filters. ..I'm sure there are other options as well

one thing is for sure the new enclosure is MUCh better than the prototype I remember from back in the day good job!

..time to crack some morter
Yup, I already have a BFD, you can see part of it to the left of the plate amp.

Yea, the new enclosure looks a million times nicer than the old POS box I had. The old box seemed a bit louder, it was tuned 10hz higher, and peaked at 40hz or so, man playing sinewaves @ that frequency was killer! :D

Chris Popovich

Stunt Coordinator
Allen, those pics look like UMAINE, is that where you are? I was an RA in cumberland -I had a dual Shiva setup there w/Paradigm Studio 100's. I graduated in 2001....

Chris

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
I can't really compete with that (15" and 18") but I'm rebuilding my 10" subwoofer into a bigger box with dual 3" ports (currently its box is somewhere around 1.25-1.5 ft^3 and it is noticeably underported), and I might still win the distinction of having the highest-quality subwoofer on my floor in Tarkington Hall at Purdue next year because of its f3 of 19 Hz with the woofer displacement to back it up at normal levels (with the ultimate goal being an upgrade from my current 150-watt plate amplifier to a PE 250-watt unit or a 300-watt unit if I can get a decent price on them.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks