What's new

Philadelphia area recommendation... (1 Viewer)

Matt Amato

Stunt Coordinator
So, my RP82 died with the H02 error and I would really like to have the spindal motor replaced and optics cleaned in order to fix it. However, I have no idea of any good places in the area to take it. I live in Manayunk, but travel out to King of Prussia and South Philly on a regular basis. Can anyone recommend a good shop that will give my precious RP82 the treatment it deserves?

Thanks,
Matt

Matt Amato

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Phil, I found the number online and gave them a call. It turns out they were bought out and renamed in 2000 and are now Worldwide Stereo. The good news is that all of the tech staff consists of the same people from Danby's. They seemed pretty confident they could fix it so I dropped it off today and expect to have it back within two weeks.

Thanks,
Matt

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Shows you how long I've been out of the Philly area. :) Danby used to be one of the best shops in town. Back in the day their tech staff did a lot of AC-3 upgrades on LaserDisc players. I bought my CLD-D704 from them. :) They also had a lot of ultra-high-end stuff like Conrad-Johnson tube amps and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks