What's new

Phantasms II and III DVD Petition (1 Viewer)

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
The Phantasam series rules! Plain and simple a awesome horror series. How can a movie with a line like...

"You think that when you die you go to heaven... You come to US" -Tall Man

I still get chills when he says that.

Now put 2 and 3 on DVD so I can retire my laserdiscs!

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Signed (105)...but is it just me, or does it look like we want Phantasms 11 (eleven) and 111 (one hundred and eleven) released. 'Cause I just can't afford to buy all the sequels to catch up with 11, let alone 111! :D
Don Coscarelli must be exhausted!

Chris Perkins

Stunt Coordinator
Number 111! Just got Phantasm SE and hope to see the rest on DVD soon. I really am partial to Phantasm II.
Chris

Lafe F

Second Unit
I signed, but the huge Halloween II SE petition had little effect on Universal. It is my wish that Phantasm II & III come to region 1 DVD very soon. These are great horror movies.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Congratulations, Chris! The Phantasm SE is a fine disc. I know it's "just" a laser port, but it is an impressive package nonetheless. MGM deserves kudos and, from what I understand, it really helped Coscarelli and Co.; apparently, the Phantasm laser came out when laser was in decline, was put together at great expense, and ultimately did not sell very well. The DVD helped justify the expense.

If you are a big fan, I recommend Phantasm Oblivion, if you don't already have it. It makes little sense if you haven't seen II or III (or, if you haven't seen them in a while), but I enjoyed it. I particularly liked the way deleted scenes from the original were inserted into the film.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Signed my name for The Tall Man!

In any event, I've been able to meet Angus Scrimm a few times at conventions and he's quite a swell, gentlemanly gentleman. Quite unlike the nasty fellow he portrays so well onscreen. He also has quite a multifaceted career. He writes liner notes for albums and he must be pretty good at it as he's won Grammy Awards for his work.

Jon

Gruson

Second Unit
Phantasm II is IMO the best of the series. Love it when Reggie starts up that chainsaw,
"Come on you MUTHA!"
The flying spheres are just too cool ;)

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Phantasm 2 was very good and just a notch below the original. I found that parts of Phantasm 3 were boring. I have Phantasm 4 on tape but I haven't got around to seeing it. I would definitely by parts 2 and 3 on DVD if they were available. If you have a region free player parts 2 and 3 are available. I might pick up part 2 overseas if I don't hear about a region 1 release soon. The Tall Man is one of the best horror villains of all time.

Will K

Screenwriter
Signed. I love PII. If Universal doesn't get these out soon, perhaps the Tall Man can pay them a visit and encourage them a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks