What's new

Petition: Widescreen for Juestice League Season 2 DVD Boxset (1 Viewer)

Ray Ruggaurs

Agent
Justice League Season 1 is slated for a release on the 21 March 2006

Justice League Season 2 is in the works at the moment.

There is a chance that Season 2 of Justice League will be released on DVD in Full Screen, despite it having been animated in Widescreen.

To any Justice League Animated fans out there at HTF, there is a petition by Toonzone and World's Finest to tell Warner Home Video that we want the 2nd season of Justice League (and for that matter, future releases of Justice League Unlimited) in an 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen release.

For full details (addresses, sample letters etc) check out:

worldsfinestonline.com

(Can someone post the actual link i just started so i cant directly post urls)

Contact Information
Warner Home Video
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522

Those in the California area may wish to phone or fax Warner Home Video directly.

Phone: 818-954-6000
Fax: 212-954-7667

My own personal thoughts... if you're writing please be:
Nice and polite - We're not crazy fans!!
Concise - be to the point so they'll get the message
Thank them for reading your letter and wish em Merry Christmas if you want!
Write a breif line about yourself - so they realize they're reading about a person

If you get writer's block just write what you want (JL in Widescreen) then add in words like please and thankyou where appropiate.

To the Administrators sorry if this thread should be merged but i thought a new thread would get maximum readership.

To any one who has done a sussessful petition before please reply with any handy tips!! Thanks!!

Jim Smith

Stunt Coordinator
While I totally agree that fullscreen version of season two would suck but is Warner actually planning this or is this simply speculation. I agree though its best to tell Warner earley the need to have all animation in the aspect it was animated.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone have an "Att:" at Warner Home Video? I hate sending a letter to just Warner Home Video. Is their a specific department we should address it too?

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Full screen is default for Warner Home Video releases such as this, so yes, it'll be fullscreen unless both the fans and the creative team behind the cartoons can buckle down and let them know. If Justice League: Season Two is released in full screen, it'll be like releasing a widescreen movie in pan & scan only.

Jim Smith

Stunt Coordinator
With Bruce Timm himself calling on the fans for help the issue must be serious. Then again with Season twos aspect so close to descigns that does mean that Season two box set is probably not too far behind Season One. Probably a summer release. I do believe that I will write a letter soon. To let such an awsome cartoon be pan scaned away would be a damn shame.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
At this point, with HDTV sales off and running, why any studio would go to the trouble of producing a widescreen show (cartoon, movie, concert, whatever) and then not release it that way would be absolutely foolish.

If they did that, I would NOT buy it. Please don't either.

Jim Smith

Stunt Coordinator
As stupid as it sounds this is not the first time this has happened. The Lost World television miniseries was produced in widescreen and even labled widescreen on the cover but it was pan scan if ive ever seen it. We can't let this happen to Justice League. Thats why all fans of this show should write a letter to Warner now and tell them you won't buy pan scan DVDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks