What's new

Pete Townshend's solo rereleases & New Issues (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
The Good News For The Who fans out there
The Bad News: No High Rez news

A new double CD set featuring 34 tracks taken from Pete Townshend's acclaimed solo catalogue.

Released in Japan and Europe as 'Anthology' and in the U.S.A as part of Universal Music's 'Gold' series, this release is the most comprehensive retrospective of Pete Townshend's solo career to date.

'Anthology' is housed in a triptych digipak cover and 'Gold' in a jewel case. Both contain a 28 page booklet containing a career biography, unseen photographs as well as short track by track comments by Pete Townshend.

Anthology will be released in Japan on Oct 5th on Imperial Records (Catalogue TECI-34310) and in Europe on October 7th on SPV (Catalogue SPV 089-304292 DCD)

Gold will be released by Universal in the U.S.A on November 15th (Catalogue B0005350-02)

Both Anthology and Gold contain 34 tracks taken from Pete Townshend's seven studio albums, newly remastered for this package.

Tracks:

CD1: English Boy, Secondhand Love, A Little Is Enough, Heart To Hang Onto, Sheraton Gibson, The Sea Refuses No River, Brilliant Blues, Now and Then, I Won't Run Anymore, Keep Me Turning, Let My Love Open The Door, Slit Skirts, A Friend Is A Friend, Let's See Action, Street In The City, Empty Glass.

CD2: Rough Boys, Give Blood, Exquisitely Bored, Jools and Jim, Crashing By Design, Don't Try And Make Me Real, Face The Face, Uniforms (Corp d'espirit), My Baby Gives It Away, Outlive The Dinosaur, Keep On Working, White City Fighting, All Shall Be Well, Time Is Passing, I Am Afraid, Misunderstood, Pure And Easy, Parvardigar.

2006 will see all of Pete Townshend's solo albums remastered and reissued, all with bonus material. More information will be posted nearer the release dates.

Regards

The Eelpie team

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
sweet, sounds great. good to know he is working on remastering his solo stuff too. any word on quadrophenia hirez?

CJ

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't expect much in the way of a hi-res Quadrophenia release. Townshend's dissatisfaction with the recordings and releases of the album throughout the years is legendary--with the exception of the Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab release. (Which I, of course, have.)

It's nice to see Townshend's superb catalog being remastered. I will gladly repurchase them.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
so the rumors from a couple years ago of hires quadrophenia album were likely all false? is the mfsl release that much better than other releases? i'll pay top dollar for the best quality of quadrophenia, as long as it is top quality too.

CJ

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I'm with you Christ, I flew to London to see Quadrophenia played in Hyde Park when he brought it back. Couldn't find tickets for the life of me but a good friend of mine called up Pete and got me a pair.
I had a grin for a week after I got to go in office in Twickenham and pick up the tickets.....the only bad thing he was gone at the time.

Funny to see My Generation as the only HiRez besides Tommy.
Both Quadrophenia & Who's Next lends themselves to Multi Channel Hi Rez discs.
You'd think that Quads sound problems could be resolved in 6 channel remix which would make Pete happy as a clam.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i dont keep up much on the hires talks, so i wasnt even sure a quadrophenia release hadnt come out. the only two hires discs are the sacds of tommy and dark side of the moon. i dont have a hires player yet, but if quadrophenia had come out and i didnt know it, i'd have to get a player soon, there's no way i'd have tommy and quadrophenia hires versions without a player. i know pete is picky, but cmon! we neeeeeed it! :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'd rather a Quad set than Tommy. Tommy has just been done to death, for me at least, and My Generation doesn't really lend itself to the format. Does it have the missing guitar solo absent on the "Legacy" release? Is it does, I might be tempted to pick it up.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

My Baby Gives It Away

Ronnie Lane would object to this being called a "Townshend solo".

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Which version of Slit Skirts? The album (bleh) or MTV version (yeah!)?

I've been trying to find a decent copy of the MTV version for 20 years. All I have is this crappy copy of a VHS tape.

Mike

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
maybe :b

or maybe i can revise my post.

the only two hires discs i have are the sacds of tommy and dark side of the moon. there, i look like less of a moron now.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks