What's new

Personal Chapter 7 Experences (1 Viewer)

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
You all are correct, we are not in the position to *have* to do bankruptcy as I'm still working and bringing home a paycheck, and have not moved out of our house to a smaller house, or sold all my posessions to pay the credit card companies and student loan people money.
As an aside, we are actually upside down on both vehicles, so selling them isn't an option either given that we are upside down so much at this point (to another person's point about buying "beater" cars, which wouldn't save us any money at this point given our upside-down-ness)
Holadem, what counseling did you use and what was the cost to you for their service? Have you done a credit report on yourself since the counseling went into affect to see what it did to that rating? My credit score is a 650 now according to the 3 reports I did yesterday... It has gone down from 800 about 4 years ago. I'd be interested in your before and after scores and what the counseling shows up as on your report if you can share...
Ryan, thanks for the info, I'll be sure to read more on the subjects. Any advice on how to get the interest rate down from the major CC companies is appreciated. We are going to try to switch to lower %age cards, but getting those lower %age cards isn't easy at this point with enough balance to pay off the older ones, and I hate getting ANOTHER credit card since I'm trying to eliminate them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks