What's new

Pepsi "Holdiday Spice" drink...What were they thinking?! (1 Viewer)

David Galindo

Screenwriter

I saw those at Target the other day...along with green bean soda and stuff. Whats up with that??

My favorite drink is A & W root beer cream soda...yum.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
You all do know that these soda companies could care less if these "Flavors of the month" fail?

Granted, I'm sure they'd prefer them to succeed, but that's not the main purpose.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member

For some reason I think coke uses CO for testing, we got C2 as a test product as well.

I seem to remember getting crystal pepsi as a test product growing up in MT.
Wonder why crystal pepsi is more memorable than any of the other flavor of the month colas, because it's the first maybe?

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
MMmmmm taste like ginger-snap cookies
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Ari

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm....I picked a bottle up today because of this thread. It tastes too much like regular Pepsi for me to love or hate it. There might be some spice but it's barely discernable....

Seth_L

Screenwriter
I had some yesterday, and found the "spice" flavor to be pretty subtle. It tasted alright to me.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I thought it was OK, except I prefer diet pop, so it was a little much.

I don't like fountain drinks of anything sweet like Cherry Coke or Dr. Pepper BECAUSE they are less carbonated/more syrupy. Too sweet. Cherry coke from the fountain often gives me an acid stomachache.

I think Vanilla Coke is disgusting (though it might be because I once got very drunk and very sick drinking Coke and vanilla vodka.... the problem was, I ran out of Coke and kept on with the vodka, oops), diet VC is no better. Haven't tried the pepsi varieties.

I like Diet Coke with Lemon, but Diet Coke with Lime takes like crap. When I was about 11 or 12 I remember liking Crystal Pepsi, and I wish I could get some to try it again.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I thought I would resurrect this thread for the 2005 version, but it doesn't seem there will be a 2005 Pepsi Holiday Spice.

I have not yet seen it in stores and tonight I decided to do a search on Pepsi Holiday Spice and there is no info for this year. The Pepsi website also has no info on their site nor in their search function.

I was really looking forward to having more of this drink this year and was also hoping for a diet version.

If anyone knows different let us know!

Thanks

Paul

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
FWIW-I just poured out a 2 liter bottle of this that was in our pantry from last holiday season, as I poured it out I was thinking to my self, what were they thinking! ;)

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Anyone see or even worse....try the new Jones Soda flavors. They have a six pack called "Holday Pack"..... the flavors are Turkey and Gravy, Mashed Potato and butter, Green Bean Casserole, Cranberry Sauce.......and my favorite Salmon Pate!!!!!!!! These are REAL sodas!! The owner even admitted that he was not able to finish a whole bottle of the Salmon one!!!!!

www.jonessoda.com

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Jones Soda has always been on the cutting edge..... I'll be looking for their holiday offering..... SALMON PATE sounds yummy....
Anyone remember the Jones flavor named "pink"..... it actually tasted PINK too......

Anyway, Pepsi Holiday Spice was fair..... tried it several times.... it was something that had to GROW on ya..... but I have to say, it's one I won't look for this year.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks