What's new

Pepsi "Holdiday Spice" drink...What were they thinking?! (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Just out of curiousity sake I bought a little bottle of this stuff. Absolutely TERRIBLE tasting is all I can say!

What possesed Pepsi to concoct this stuff?

All I can say is it has an overbearing flavor of ginger and now combine that with regular Pepsi, and you can only imagine how bad that mix is.

Anyone else try it?

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Yep I'm a Diet Pepsi freak and they rarely do anything right. It looks like the only NEW Pepsi product worth trying is Pepsi EDGE!

Brent

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I actually liked this flavor. It has a slight cinnamon taste to it, which is why I like it. Its not an overbearing taste. It reminds of when I used to drink cinnamon schnapps and coke.

Of all the recent flavors to be released by Pepsi and Coke, this by far is my favorite. I for one hope they make it next Christmas season.

Paul

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I was looking at this today and thinking how gross it sounds, but one of my all time favorite drinks is Captain Morgan and Coke (or Pepsi), so I figured this would be along the same lines. Perhaps you could mix some Pepsi-Lime in it to make it a true "Virgin" Captain and Pepsi. :D

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I have yet to try it, I've read 2 threads about it here now, gotta add it to the next shopping list.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I must admit that I like it with a shot of bourbon. I usually hate Pepsi products but this one makes a good mixer.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Its gross.. i bought a 12pk around 2 weeks ago and still have 11 in the fridge.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Me and my wife liked it quite a bit...on our 3rd 2-liter.

PS - My wife hates Pepsi w/ Lemon (but I liked it).

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I'm a pepsi drinker. For many years it was only regular pepsi and then I discovered Wild Cherry Pepsi. That is my drink of choice now.

I've been tempted to try this new holiday spice pepsi, but am afraid. I hear so many mixed reviews of it.

Also, Cherry Coke at the theaters is much better than the bottled cherry coke, why is that?

Bob-N

Supporting Actor

In my experience, the "on tap" stuff tends to have less carbonation and tends to make the cherry coke taste "sweeter" or more cherry in flavor. Also, it could be that the mix of carbonated water and syrup is off when compared to the canned stuff which tends to be much more consistent.

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
I like it, on my second 2 liter.

Well they got your money out of it already, so I'm sure they already see it as a success :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I think Pepsi is trying to pioneer the concept of a seasonal soda to sell, kinda like how Sam Adams beer has their seasonal beers or certain wines are sold during limited times of the year.

I stopped drinking Pepsi or any cola for that matter years ago. It's all crap to rot the system. If I drink any soda nowdays it's Hansens but I barely even drink that now. I stick to mostly merlot. *hiccup :D

*just a note, I don't endorse Pioneer audio

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
Oh, come on, it isn't that bad. I've tried it and over crushed ice it's hard to beat. :emoji_thumbsup:

Actually, Pepsi has done a pretty good job with their flavored colas recently. Pepsi Twist is quite good, and Pepsi Vanilla is VASTLY superior to Vanilla Coke (I HATE Vanilla Coke because it tastes like Coca-Cola overwhelmed by cream soda :thumbsdown: ).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
My sister loves Pepsi Holiday Spice, but I couldn't stand it. It tasted like drinking a Pepsi right after brushing my teeth.

I think Cherry Coke was released in test markets when it was first introduced, as we only encountered it when we were traveling in Colorado. It's hard to remember after nearly 20 years, but I always felt it was better at the start. I don't know if they subtly altered the formula, or if I am just remembering it wrong. I do know--and, this is a too-much-information alert--that it made my father and I have to pee a lot. I mean, we'd finish a can and have to stop somewhere almost immediately. That wasn't necessary with regular Coke, nor with Cherry Coke when it started showing up in Texas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks