What's new

People in New York are selling "commemorative" World Trade Center" disaster T-shirts! (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I heard on the news last night that people in New York City are selling T-shirts "commemorating" last week's disaster at the World Trade Center. Some shirts had pictures of the World Trade Center as it once looked with an "I remember" theme, which isn't bad, but other shirts actually had pictures of the towers in flames. What's worse than people selling these shirts is that people were buying them! One lady interviewed said she wouldn't wear the shirt she bought, but she wanted it to put away in a drawer. I guess people will do just about anything to make a buck, and people will buy just about anything those people are selling.
eek.gif

------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
I saw a picture on the NET somewhere of a T-shirt that had a picture of a plane crashing into the one tower.
The caption said:
“I crashed my plane into the World Trade Center and all I got was this lousy T-shirt”.
SICK SICK SICK indeed !!!!!!!!!!
Shawn S

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Hey people are hoarding any WTC momento they can find. Most people hope to sell them I'd think.
How sad!!
Brent L(LL cool B)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I admit that last Friday night, I bought a laminated fold-out map of New York City for $6 at Borders because the picture on the cover is a great shot of the skyline with the World Trade Center front and center. However, I have no plans whatsoever of ever trying to sell it. I certainly would never buy a T-shirt that shows a plane crashing into one of the towers. That's where I draw the line.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Eric Scott

Second Unit
These T-shirt producers are minor players amongst those who will say or do anything for money.
The exploitation has hardly begun, this is going to easily cost the taxpayers a few hundred billion. At this very moment the major corporations are planning how to get a cut.
Some money is needed and will be well spent, much will be wasted while making some cleaver well connected people wealthier.

Dave L

Stunt Coordinator
Someone was quoted in an article as saying "this will all be forgotten soon, and it will just become another New York story."
That's about as callous a comment as I have ever heard and an insensitive slap to everyone who has lost someone they love. She must have been one of those snapping up the t-shirts in hopes of reselling them at a profit later.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Some people have no morals. However, if you really want a t-shirt and/or you want to show your support here is some info. 100% of all the proceeds will go to the Red Cross.
tshirts.jpg

Frank

Eric Scott

Second Unit
quote: "this will all be forgotten soon,[/quote]Normally and naturally the imagination of people is blocked from in depth perceptions of the horrors that victims suffered in the WTC. That is why so many people in NY have been and still are walking around numbish.
Only yesterday did I started to really begin to visualize and try to imagine what it must be like being trapped in the rubble...and what it must have been like inside the building to cause one to jump out...
I do not think I am that different from most people in that I am only beginning to think about it more, not less.
[Edited last by Eric Scott on September 19, 2001 at 05:32 PM]

John-D

Stunt Coordinator
Not long before someone catches on the President's Wild West Dead or Alive theme with Bin Laden's mug on it.
------------------
The things we own end up owning us

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks