What's new

people are stupid and selfish - here's proof (1 Viewer)

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
This thread reminds me of a short-lived thread ranting about drivers of another luxury car. That thread got closed about 2 years ago. It was funny.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
As a BMW driver with a 100 mile daily commute, I am one who pulls over when I see lane closed signs and get mad at those who use the last few hundred feet to cut infront of the generous types.

I also see people who use the entrance ramp lane to get out of the crowded lane on the highway and zoom up about 10 cars and then pull back onto the highway :angry:

Most of these cars I see doing this are NOT BMW's, so please knock off the stereotyping. :rolleyes

Michael Were

Stunt Coordinator
I think putting up a fence around your "Estate" is the best thing you could do. It seems ironic that people live in restricted access communities think that is not selfish. But this thread proves we all have different ideas of what is selfish and stupid.

Michael

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Unfortunately, residents would still have to use the route, and drivers behind would see this and think 'that guy in front knows a short cut - I'll follow'.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The stereotype is that BMW drivers are assholes. The REAL fact is, most everyone is an asshole driver! I find a LOT of people assume I am a jerk because of the car I drive. Once you perpetuate this stereotype, you tend to interpret EVERY TINY thing into being an asshole driver. I can do the EXACT same things in a Honda and 30% of that stuff would go unnoticed or just shrugged off. It's the fact that the stereotype has heightened peoples awareness to little details.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

So, roughly 5,000 years of recorded history with assorted wars, pogroms, genocides, piracy, thievery, rape and general mayhem on a continental scale didn't convince you of this but some bad driving did? ;)

Regards,

Joe

John Spencer

Supporting Actor

Well, Mark, if it makes you feel any better I didn't draw that conclusion because of the car you drive. ;) j/k

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

I must confess this is probably true, although around here the stereotype is Mercedes drivers being totally self-absorbed: it is the car of choice of nouveau riche-types who want to flaunt their wealth, and/or the typical Chinese businessman, or of their "lady of leisure" wives who, as a friend once put it, "think the car drives itself".

It was quite amusing to see, one morning on the way to work, a Merc S320 (maybe S280) up on the central divider of a 3-lane main road. What was really bizarre was that it was at a 60 degree angle, pointing against the flow of traffic. What the woman did to cause that, I'm really curious... (we knew it was a woman because there were two matronly well-coiffed types standing next to the car, presumably waiting for a tow-truck)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
When I gave this thread its title, I was being slightly ironic. The British sense of humour does tend to be misinterpreted at times.

Yee-Ming, I think we're beginning to shift our stereotype to Merc drivers as well.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Here's the way I end a tiff with me wiff....

"I know I'm an a--hole, but I'm comfortable with it"

Works like a charm, especially now that we've got that high-end sleeper sofa in the HT !

What you're describing is nothing new to ANYONE who has driven in Florida. This is the land of perpetual road construction. What roads/highways not bordered by lakes, canals, sewers and open water, are in braille. For those of us who live here year-round, the worst traffic is only 2x a year, summer and winter. In winter, the "snow birds" come down. They are usually sweet, little old people who insist on driving 20 miles below the speed limit. They cannot merge or back out of a parking space. In summer, are the resort visitors. These lovely folks are not used to the maze of construction we calls roads. They panic and cannot see the 10 foot signs which tell of construction or detours. Also, they have no knowledge on how to drive in rain. Which is bad, since it rains every day in summer.

Don't be angry at the poor souls who ignore the signs. Pity them, for, alas, they know not what they do.
Either that or wish for a flame thrower and tank like I do.:D

Phill O

Stunt Coordinator
It could be that the BMW drivers are thinking too much about sex. I have read recently that supposedly BWM drivers have more sex than drivers of other vehicles. So perhaps the BMW drivers are thinking about what they will get when they get home. Or perhaps at the office????

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks