What's new

Penn & Teller underwater special (1 Viewer)

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

Oops...my bad...it sure was! And, I missed it!
:b

Oh, well...I'm sure it'll come out on DVD...

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I liked it. Probably would have worked better as an hour special instead of being stretched to two. I'm betting that people won't or didn't get just how hard pulling off some of that stuff underwater really was.

The dolphin bit with the miss america or whomever she was was probably the best. :D

Not the best, but definitely had something unique to show.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I TiVo'd this to watch and sat down this evening, flipped it on and was greeted with "We join our program, already in progress". NASCAR ran over and NBC didn't care enough about the program to carry the 10 minutes over all night? I had so much to watch already, so the JIP was a deal-breaker and I erased it after finding Penn & Teller in the middle of a set-up. :thumbsdown:

:sigh: This is why there should be sports channels and entertainment channels but not both, together. I think the guy who necessitated the need for the Heidi Rule was on to something.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member

I wasn't trying to be flip, I just wanted to make sure that I didn't imagine it since I didn't actually watch it, just caught it on while flipping the channels. It being Desperate Housewives night, I don't get control of the TV that particular night.:frowning:

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
I found it rather bland for a P&T show. Maybe the freedom on Showtime has set too high a bar, but this thing went on far too long and was a miss for me. I DVR'ed it and stopped around before done as it lacked the spirit of other shows.

I read also that they were miserable during the filming, complaining about the bahamas heat. i am sure the Atlantis Resort was pleased as it could have been a two hour travel ad for them.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

Jordan...no problem...I didn't take any offense at all to your remark!

I get Zap2it's daily e-mail, and this item was featured in the Monday, November 14 edition. That being the case, I didn't even bother to look at the date on the news item itself, which was Friday, November 11. Duh. :D

In any case, the comments made here make me feel a bit better about having missed it...

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
I think they were drowned in their own concept. I'm sure the idea sounded great in the pitch meeting but, in actuality, the underwater stuff was just a stunt, and a slow-moving, uninteresting stunt, at that.

Plus, there just wasn't enough good material for two hours.

I'd have rather seen two hours of P&T BS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks