What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Let’s look at Peeping Tom. In the 1940’s and 1950’s, one of Great Britain’s most successful filmmaking teams were The Archers, the writing, producing and directing duo of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger. Together, they made the classics The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (1943), A Matter of Life and Death (1946), Black Narcissus (1947), The Red Shoes (1948), Gone to Earth/The Wild Heart (1950), and The Tales of Hoffmann (1951). By 1960, the duo had gone their separate ways, and Powell would embark on filming a thriller that would forever change his career, Peeping Tom. Originally released on DVD by Criterion, the company has finally given the movie...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
An excellent film and I hate slasher films. But what do you expect when I consider Astaire and Rogers performing Never Gonna Dance in Swing Time the apex of film making. I watched Peepng Tom on youtube and a friend who had seen it at FF was appalled. I couldn't sit through it again despite this being the way I should have seen it in the first place. Some things I can't bear due to subject matter but I remain extremely curious about the original cut of The Devils and Salo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ybmsmoke107
Recent bookmarks