What's new

Peacemakers (1 Viewer)

LCD22

Screenwriter
CMT has been running re-runs of this show, my question is NBC Universal likely do anything with this series on DVD?

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
What I still can't figure out is why USA Network dropped the show after the first season. Great show that deserved more episodes ...

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing relatively low ratings for a relatively expensive show - Tom Berenger had to cost a little more than the average basic-cable lead, you're shooting everything on location, you're dealing with animal handlers, you're dressing everyone in period costumes rather than stuff off the rack...

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Actually, Peacemakers I've heard was cancelled because the viewing audience skewed too old. The show got fine ratings, but it wasn't reaching the targeted audience for advertisers that they wanted. I would love to see this hsow on DVD.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I really wish Universal would release this. Is there any chance of a DVD release in 2008?

LCD22

Screenwriter
This is the only USA Network series missing from my collection. I did some searching on YouTube and found a 2003 summer promo that advertised the series premieres of "Monk", "Peacemakers", "The Dead Zone", along with A Tribute to Robert De Niro, and the U.S. Open. This is was the best summer of original (scripted) cable programming, and it only got better by the additions of "The 4400", "Psych", and "Burn Notice".

It's been five years of waiting... I would love to finally have all 8 episodes plus the 90-minute pilot uncut on DVD.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I recorded all of the episodes on dvd when they originally aired on USA. Just for the fact I never thought it would be released. What was cool about the show was it showed the transition of the west from 19th century to the 20th century.

LCD22

Screenwriter

I've tried watching "Peacemakers" on Hulu in the past, but I kept running into problems with it.

LCD22

Screenwriter

There has been four replies added to this thread. Is anyone else interested in this underrated cable series?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks