What's new

PE Amp Question (1 Viewer)

Frank Kanyak

Stunt Coordinator
I'm supposed to get my Pe 250 watt amp on Tuesday!!! They extended the sale price for me Woo-hoo!!! Now my question is should I still keep it wired at 8ohms with both of the voice coils or should I connect the voice coils in parrell into a 4 ohm load? Which option would give the best bang for the buck??? Thanks guys!!!

Frank Kanyak

Stunt Coordinator
I just called about the availability of the product. The salesperson said that they were out of stock(probably due to the sale) and the price is back to $135. After they said that all I asked was if they could extend the sale since I missed it last week. They checked with their supervisors and they granted an extention but I had to order within the 12hr period. According to the email I got last night it will be here Tuesday!!!

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
If you're trying to drive two 8 ohm VCs, you can run each one to a seperate amp for an 8 ohm load, or series wire for a 16 ohm load, or parallel wire for a 4 ohm load. As Pat said, more power. I think the amp you mention is rated at ~180W/8 ohm vs 250W/4 ohm.

Pete

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
It is rated at 250W RMS at 4 ohm but I think during a bench test it produced 272W RMS at 4 Ohm. Talk about a powerful little amp! I bought one at the $99 sale price, even though I already have one, couldn't pass up that price. Just waitin' for money to buy a Tempest! :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks