What's new

PC Gamer has questions about HTPC(help please!) (1 Viewer)

JasonSTR

Auditioning
Ive been PC gaming for sometime now and its now that time for me to upgrade my PC. Ive recently become very intrested in HT and have already begun learning all I can about it. Im currently intrested in toshiba's big screen DLP televisions and I have a couple questions about them.

1.My first question is if i use my PC for my dvd player can i get better picture quality from my PC then say a higher end denon or pioneer elite dvd player? Provided I configure it up properly.

2. If i wanted to play my PC games on my 52" toshiba DLP television what resolution could I play them at? The TV accepts 1080i,480i,720p,480p, via a component cable and upconverts all signals to 720p. It has a native resolution of 1280X720 and 2 HDMI inputs. What resolution could i play games at?

WayneO

Supporting Actor
1. Yes, but it will take some time and tweaking of various software needed such as video drivers, resolution adjusting software such as PowerStrip, DVD decoding software and any picture quality filtering programs such as FFDShow. It can be easy for some, daunting for others(me).

2. That will not only depend upon what your video card currently is set up to output along with that TV's resolution, but what the game is capable of, they do vary.

JasonSTR

Auditioning
Thx alot guys, its worth investigating for me. Thx for the links and the kind, quick replys both of you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks