What's new

PBS-HDTV in South Florida: Stunning (1 Viewer)

BrianM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
Just noticed that WPBT's HD feed is up and running on channel 18. The picture is absolutely amazing. This is what I always dreamed High Def would look like and it more than makes up for the dissappointing WSVN, WPLG & WFOR. The picture is as good if not better than the HD Demo channel. Any other South Floridians have a chance to see it yet?

BrianM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
Kevin I am using the Dish HD-6000 with a small roof antenae.

Frank

Stunt Coordinator
I recorded several hours of the PBS demo on my hard drive via AccessDTV ATSC card and took my computer and RGB monitor to work yesterday. I played back some of the demo to some people and to say they were blown away and amazed might be an understatement. If stores showed this kind of picture on their showrooms, HDTVs would be flying out the door. I have never, never seen an image in any store that even approaches this quality. Simply amazing!
Frank

Roger Clark

Stunt Coordinator
Where do they transmit from?
Roger
------------------
System: B&K AVR307, Toshiba TW65H80 RPTV, Sony DVP-S9000ES DVD, JVC HR-5400U SVHS
Philips CDR880 CDR, Sony SAT-HD100 & B50 DBS, Phase Linear 8000 Turntable
Polk RT2000P mains, Polk CS350 Center, Polk LS/FX Surrounds
Sunfire Signature True Subwoofer, Pronto Remote

Cliff Watson

Agent
”If stores showed this kind of picture on their showrooms, HDTVs would be flying out the door. I have never, never seen an image in any store that even approaches this quality. Simply amazing!”
Frank,
At least one HDTV manufacturer sees it the same way you do. They have requested that I change the accessDTV software to enable looped playback of HDTV recordings. They will use the accessDTV card in a PC to drive the HDTVs in showrooms.

Frank

Stunt Coordinator
That's great, Cliff. Hopefully they can display that fabulous PBS demo loop.
Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks