What's new

Pay Pal. How to downgrade from Premier to Personal account (1 Viewer)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I really don't use pay pal to often and when I do I get hammered with their fees. I currently have a Premier account set up with them but I would like to downgrade to a personal account to avoid their fees. I've searched their help screen and couldn't fine the info to do so.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Robert, as with many of these types of internet businesses, they tend to shove this type of information into a deep dark corner, somewhere where it's very hard to access it.
What I would do is write an e-mail to theircustomer service department asking for information on how to do what you're asking. If they don't respond within a reasonable amonut of time, e-mail again demanding they do what you say and date it stating that you won't accept any more fees after that date. That usually works for me.

John Miles

Stunt Coordinator
Bad idea. A Personal account will have all sorts of constraints on it, including severe limitations on your ability to accept credit-card payments (if they still allow Personal accounts to accept them at all).

Even with their fees, PayPal is still just about the cheapest way an individual seller can accept credit card payments. They add tremendous value to auctions and sales by making life easy for the buyer. If you spend any time looking into alternative ways to accept online payments, you'll conclude that PayPal's Premier account is not such a ripoff after all. Rest assured that there aren't any free rides left in this part of the dot-com sector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks