What's new

Paramount: Where's the 'Ordinary People' and 'Dragonslayer' Blu-ray? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Joe Birrittella
One is a popular Best Picture/Director Winner.
The other has been in huge demand for years, from fans & filmmakers alike; and has already had those glaring matte lines minimized.
So what gives?

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
One could be held by Criterion. Leonard Martin could be still yakking about it. Plethora of bonus features being filmed by Warren. Or Paramount doesn’t want to release it.

EDIT: I meant ROBERT, obviously... :oops:

Last edited:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I suspect Ordinary People needs a lot of work done (the Australian blu ray apparently was a disappointment) and I'm sure Paramount is working on it (it's a perfect fit for their Paramount Presents line). It's the same situation with Warners and their sought after titles. People want it now and are impatient. But do you want it now or do you want it done right?

DVBRD

Second Unit
Real Name
Andy
I suspect Ordinary People needs a lot of work done (the Australian blu ray apparently was a disappointment) and I'm sure Paramount is working on it (it's a perfect fit for their Paramount Presents line). It's the same situation with Warners and their sought after titles. People want it now and are impatient. But do you want it now or do you want it done right?
I get the feeling both will be released on Blu eventually. Paramount has been digging deep in their archives lately and I doubt they'll pass those two up.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
ALWAYS DONE RIGHT! I really try hard not to be impatient, but it’s hard, especially with Paramount releasing their “presents” line, having TGSOE and ROMAN HOLIDAY released… I can wait for the perfect picture. But not TOO much longer.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Went down the rabbit hole to see if there were potentially any rights issues holding Ordinary People up. Not seeing any. I did see it on Criterion Channel not too long ago, which *may* be an indicator that Paramount is licencing; however, with the licence running out on some titles and release on Paramount Presents [Nashville, Harold & Maude], it's anyone's guess. Bugsy Malone also appeared on Criterion Channel and wound up being a Paramount Presents title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks