What's new
World Wide Stereo

Paramount Star Trek $25 rebate/No mail order receipts??? (1 Viewer)

Alan_Horner

Stunt Coordinator
Paramount's offering $25 to anyone who buys the last three volumes of The Next Generation box sets. But I noticed in the fine print this little disclaimer:

"Offer does not apply to mail-order purchases."

Ummm...

Since I buy 99% of my DVDs through DVD Empire, am I reading this correctly that Paramount won't process my refund? I was thinking that I could cancel my pre-order before this coming Friday for the final set and simply use that sales receipt (you only have to provide one). But I'm not sure that the loss of the savings through DVD Empire plus the local sales tax (8.5%) will justify the $25 rebate.

Strange world. Any comments or thoughts?

728x90

Rodon

Second Unit
I guess the question for me is can they (rebate people) tell the difference between a proof of purchase bought from BestBuy B&M and one from say BestBuy.Com . I really doubt it - espically considering they all have the extra Best Buy Disc.

I bought season 5 from the B&M and ordered the other two when there was 20% off paramount DVDs.

Ed Faver

Second Unit
You only need a receipt from one of the three purchases. I bought season 5 at Costco for $89.99 and saved the receipt. I'm buying 6 & 7 through Amazon.ca at about $76US a piece.

Jodee

Screenwriter
For some reason I'm thinking "mail order" means something like Columbia House-- which would make sense since I believe the studios are paid differently from the DVD clubs than they are from normal retailers.

I can think of no other reason why they would exclude Internet purchases since Paramount is paid the same from Amazon as they are from Costco.

Clint

Stunt Coordinator
Just print out the order confirmation and you should be fine. If you are extra paranoid, enclose the packing slip as well.

Clint

Stunt Coordinator
I know it's already July, but I still haven't received my $25 rebate. Is there a number someone can post to check the rebate status?

Thanks in advanced.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Is there a number someone can post to check the rebate status?
Better still, there is a Web site address marked near the bottom of the form that you can visit to check your rebate status (if memory serves: www.rebatestatus.com, aren't I nice? ;)).
By the way, they weren't kidding when they state that it would take up to eight weeks to receive the rebate check. Give or take a day or two, that's exactly the length of time it took to receive my check by mail.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I just got my rebate check this past week. I think it took about 6 weeks. it could be that they just processed a whole batch of them.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks