Paramount Star Trek $25 rebate/No mail order receipts???

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Alan_Horner, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Alan_Horner

Alan_Horner Stunt Coordinator

Paramount's offering $25 to anyone who buys the last three volumes of The Next Generation box sets. But I noticed in the fine print this little disclaimer:

"Offer does not apply to mail-order purchases."

Ummm...

Since I buy 99% of my DVDs through DVD Empire, am I reading this correctly that Paramount won't process my refund? I was thinking that I could cancel my pre-order before this coming Friday for the final set and simply use that sales receipt (you only have to provide one). But I'm not sure that the loss of the savings through DVD Empire plus the local sales tax (8.5%) will justify the $25 rebate.

Strange world. Any comments or thoughts?

2. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Is an 'on-line purchase' technically the same as a 'mail-order purchase'?

3. Rodon

Rodon Second Unit

I guess the question for me is can they (rebate people) tell the difference between a proof of purchase bought from BestBuy B&M and one from say BestBuy.Com . I really doubt it - espically considering they all have the extra Best Buy Disc.

I bought season 5 from the B&M and ordered the other two when there was 20% off paramount DVDs.

4. Ed Faver

Ed Faver Second Unit

You only need a receipt from one of the three purchases. I bought season 5 at Costco for $89.99 and saved the receipt. I'm buying 6 & 7 through Amazon.ca at about $76US a piece.

5. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

For some reason I'm thinking "mail order" means something like Columbia House-- which would make sense since I believe the studios are paid differently from the DVD clubs than they are from normal retailers.

I can think of no other reason why they would exclude Internet purchases since Paramount is paid the same from Amazon as they are from Costco.

6. Clint

Clint Stunt Coordinator

Just print out the order confirmation and you should be fine. If you are extra paranoid, enclose the packing slip as well.

7. Clint

Clint Stunt Coordinator

I know it's already July, but I still haven't received my $25 rebate. Is there a number someone can post to check the rebate status?

Thanks in advanced.

8. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

9. NeilO

NeilO Producer

I just got my rebate check this past week. I think it took about 6 weeks. it could be that they just processed a whole batch of them.

Neil