What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Paramount Replacements (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if Paramount offers replacement outer boxes for tv sets? My Brady set came scuffed up and I want to get a new one.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Have you tried contacting Paramount through their website or possibly contacting your local video store where you bought your set? IU would try Best Buy, Circuit City to see if they have an email address for their own customer support.

That's how I got the email address for MGM to replace my defective Stargate SG-1 Season 7 disks.

John*D

Second Unit
Usually studios will say NO (b/c of piracy - criminals use their bootlegged/homemade dvds with the free packaging), unless there is a WIDESPREAD problem, like with MGM and the outer box of Season 7's SG-1 where the glue from the bonus disc was so strong it ripped the slipcase. Of course they sent me a keepcase instead of the slipcase, but I had already returned it to the store I got it from, b/c I feared they wouldn't send me a replacement.

Your best bet would have been to take it back to where you purchased the set. It sounds like you ordered it online, if so, then if hasn't been too long, see if you can get the set replaced.

Good luck.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
I agree... you need to go back to the retailer. A studio will often offer disc replacements, but packaging replacements are not generally offered due to piracy abuse.

Thank the pirates.

-Scott

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Actually, Stargate SG-1 Season 7 DIsk 5 had a major defect and it was a manufacturing problem. The last episode "The Lost City" would not play on DVD players. After exchanging the set at Best Buy twice I contacted MGM and they replaced the DVD after I sent the original DVD with the original packaging that the DVD came in and sent me a prompt replacement.

This was an instance where MGM knew of the defect and set up a replacement for the corrected disks to satisfy those who bought these DVD sets.

I imagine if you contacted Paramount they would look into the problem or make the effort to exchange the defected disk. Studios who produce DVD's are required to replaced defective disks when the problem is identified.

Usually, the studio will require you to send back the original DVD along with the original packaging, DVD keepsake case along with the original DVD in order to replace it.

Just contact them and you're bound to get an answer either way.

John*P

Second Unit

Sheesh. What if it is only one disc from a TV-DVD set giving you trouble? I have two glitchy Gilmore Girls discs, one from Season 1 and the other from 3. (they are from 6-disc sets)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I am going to send them a letter and let them know that I would be willing to send my package back in, or pay for a replacement package.

Christi P

Agent

Do you still have the contact information? And did you have to send back the whole boxed set or just disc 5 in its individual case?

Thanks,

Christi P.

John*D

Second Unit
I didn't have any problems playing my SG-1 Season 7, Disc 5 set...

It's been a while since I watched the set, but didn't have any problems then.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I'll have to see if I have that contact information around somewhere, Christi. Give me a few days and I'll get back with you on that.

For boxed sets that do not have an individual keepsake case for each DVD most studios require you just to send the keepsake case along with the original DVD.

With MGM, I just had to send the one disk, since the DVD set came with a keepsake DVD case with each DVD. In the event of complete boxed sets that are packaged like Dark Angel, MASH, and Gilmore Girls, you're probably going to have to send the entire boxed sets. I had a damaged DVD in one of the MASH sets I bought and Fox Studios told me I had to send the complete set back in order to receive a replacement set.

This may be due to the problems of piracy and their way of securing the fact that your set is an original set.

John*P

Second Unit

Yeah, WB told me the same thing about Gilmore Girls. I just don't feel comfortable doing that...not gonna happen. From now on, I'll have to watch my sets in their entirety before the 30-day return policy expires. That way, if there are glitches, I can just return them to the store and get a replacement set (hopefully) hassle free.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
When I noticed one of the discs of my set of Have Gun, Will Travel S1 wouldn't play, I contacted Paramount about the defect and they were extremely gracious in sending me an entire replacement set. And when I picked up one of the Best Buy versions of Star Trek: TNG that mentioned it would have the bonus disc in it, and my set didn't have it at all, I called Paramount's customer service about it, and they sent me a copy of the bonus disc. First class service all around in terms of replacement.

As for replacement cases, I don't know. It's worth a shot to contact them about it. The only studio I know who was gracious enough to send a replacement case was Artisan on their T2 Extreme Edition.

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator
Bill,
If I could ask, how or who did you contact at Paramount to inquire about the replacement for yoour bad disk? I have a badly scratched disk in my Star Trek: TOS Season Three set that has significant pixelation in one episode. The disk was evidently damaged in packaging (as many of those sets apparently were), but since it was a gift, I could never return it to the retailer. My only hope is that Paramount could replace the damaged disk, but everytime I've tried to call the DVD CS number that I've found online, no one ever seems to answer. I eventually gave up on that, assuming that in fact their telephone CS is non-existent. Did you contact them by phone or email?

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Christi P

Agent
Have you tried this number? 1-323-956-8830

I had a bad TOS disc and they replaced it - it has been a while, but I'm pretty sure that is the number I called.

It is not a 1-800 number, though.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Roy, if that number doesn't work, call 323-956-5000 and ask for their customer service department in the home video division. That's what I did when I had that mishap with the missing TNG bonus disc. As for Have Gun S1, I had an e-mail contact with a fellow there (who has now since departed from the company), and he assured me that I would get a replacement set. A couple of weeks later, it arrived as promised.

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Christi and Bill! :)

I'll give both of those suggestions a try. I know the number I called previously (which was different from what you each posted) was supposedly Paramount's main DVD CS number (according to the forums at DVD Talk), but apparently no one was ever manning that line at the point I tried to use it. Perhaps the DVD Talk info was just badly out of date.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Christi P, I found that information you wanted regarding the MGM contact info for those defective Stargate DVD's from the Season 7 set you wanted. Here's the link:

http://www.mgm.com/help.do

You can either use the email form or the email address provided on that page. There's a drop down menu where you choose the defective DVD option.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Don't mention it. Sorry it took so long. When I mailed out my DVD's, I sent them Insured, so if they got lost they would have been covered for the full retail price. AT any rate, I received my corrected copies approximately 2 weeks from the time I had mailed them out.;)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Forgive me for resurrecting this thread. But Im having a problem with the Brady Bunch shag DVD set. Creative, but ultimately problematic packaging design. The glue from the DVD wallet got on my DVDs and at least one got scratched. The Monkees DVD sets from Rhino were the same. I can't see myself continuing to mail this big thing back to the place I bought it just because 1 or 2 DVDs have packaging glue on them and won't play.

So I did a little searching and found the email address for Paramount DVD support. In case someone is searching and needs it: [email protected]

Wish me luck! And take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks