What's new

Paramount: Peanuts on DVD (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Martin,

Is there a chance of releasing the rest of the Peanuts library like: Race for your Life CB, Bon Voyage CB and the rest of the holiday specials?

Whats the status?

Thanks,

Matt

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Matt...according to recent VHS tapes, Paramount now also controls Snoopy Come Home and A Boy Named Charlie Brown.

I am hoping that when they do finally get these out that they will be present in their OAR as well as Pan and Scan that way everyone will be happy. You can tell from the VHS versions that some cropping has been done.

Martin said sometime early in 2001 that no further plans for the rest of the Peanuts specials were planned till existing inventory sales. Being the fact the six currently on the market (2 specials on 3 DVD's)...it will be a while pending how many their truly is in the 'inventory.'

I know that in a moment I would buy the entire Peanuts collection. It would be great if they were to be released in a special box set with many features and maybe some behind the scenes moments.

These films would surely sit proudly on many shelves if they were to be released.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I already bought the 3 DVD set and I want Paramount to know that I will buy any and all future Peanuts DVDs that they release. :emoji_thumbsup:
Please keep them coming! I've even given a set as a gift!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I not only own the 3-disc box set but also the separate Pied Piper episode as well.
I'd buy the rest in a heartbeat. My son LOVES Snoopy!!! :)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I never bought the Pied Piper cause I thought it was supposed to be really bad and Schultz didnt have anything to do with it.

Im hoping for the rest of the Holiday specials and the movies.

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
The version of A Boy Named Charlie Brown available on VHS is a reissue cut missing some scenes in the original 1969 release. I think someone should tell Martin Blythe that, if this film is to be on DVD, it should be the uncut version.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
The good old blockhead would find a large space on my shelf waiting for his adventures.
Paramount, we don't need any grand announcements, just a little note from you that you agree with our fondness for this collection. As long as you say something to us other than "Mwah mwah mwha, mwha wha wah," we'll be happy.;)

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
None planned for 2002. And by the way, Matt, PIED PIPER is an excellent little film with a terrific political/social message. Schulz was involved in that he wrote the story and supervised the animation.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thank you for chiming in, Martin. Personally, I liked the Pied Piper version, and my son likes it, too!

How about thinking about 2003? The sooner the better, if you ask me!

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Martin,

Thanks for the reply. I was misinformed about the Pied Piper then. Thanks for correcting me. Ill have to go pick it up then.

Matt

Kevin McCorry

Stunt Coordinator
Apart from Paper Moon and the Police
Squad! and Mission: Impossible TV series,
the Peanuts TV specials and movies are my last desired
items from Paramount. Weren't some of the specials
released on DVD in Japan a couple of years ago?

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I also want to have all of the Peanuts movies & the rest of the Peanuts TV specials on DVD.

Paramount please release all of the Charlie Brown/Peanuts movies, TV specials, etc onto DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks