What's new

Paradigm Studio 100 Crossover died tonight (1 Viewer)

Dan Baxter

Agent
I never thought this would happen, however tonight while jamming some tunes one of my paradigm studio 100's was blown. At first I thought it was the midrange that died. However, after swapping speakers I realized the crossover in my left speaker was fried. Hopefully my dealer will replace it under warranty. Has anyone else damaged a crossover in a pair of Paradigms? Does anyone have any idea how much a crossover might cost for a studio 100 v1? Any help would be great, I'm lost with out my speakers..

Thanks,

Dan

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
V1? Will they still be under warranty? If you have a good dealer they should be able to help you out, otherwise, contact Paradigm directly.

Dan Baxter

Agent
I actually bought them from my dealer used about a year ago. The are V.1, however I think they were orginally bought in 97. My dealer said they will try and have them covered under warranty. The strange thing is I blew the crossover while playing Strunz & Farah (live spanish guitar). The amp and speakers were not clipping and then sounded perfect right before it happened. The caps on the crossover didn't blow, it appears to be the copper wound inductors that fried. I had my RX-v3000 at -17db powered by my Parasound 2205a amp. It seems really strange that thease speakers didn't take the power while playing a very weak bass spanish guitar track.

Thanks,

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks