What's new

Panny RP91 or Sony NS700P????? (1 Viewer)

Dan Da Silva

Stunt Coordinator
Alright guys I can't decide on which progessive player to buy. As of right now I have a 27' Sony that isn't HD ready. But I'm planning on getting a HD set within the next year or so. But what I want to know now is which one of these players does a better job with interlaced??? Because I figure at least for the next year I can get a better picture on my set over my Sony 300 dvd player that I have now.

I'd be hard pressed to recommend you upgrade at all given your display. I'm betting the Panny probably does have a bit better interlaced display than the 700P, but I haven't done a comparison (I do own the 700P). The difference is likely negligible though since most late model DVD players play about the same in interlaced mode. It's in progressive mode that you really start seeing differences. No one here will probably steer you away from the the RP91, but a year is a long time. There will probably be much better choices than either the 700P or the RP91 available once you get a different display.
------------------
John Holbrook
MY DVD Collection

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
as far as interlaced performance goes, i'm not sure how much either of those will improve on your 300. you might just want to hold off until you get your HD set since you will have more options. however, if your 27" sony does the vertical squeeze trick then you may want to consider the rp91 for its ability to scale non-anamorphic material.

David_R

Grip
Panasonic RP-91 all the way. Buy it and don't look back, you will get top-notch performance and future security when you get a newer TV unit. You can dabble with DVD-Audio too.
I'd buy, but am awaiting on the Kenwood 400+ DVD changer with Sage chipset :)
---
David R

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks