What's new
World Wide Stereo

panny 56wx53 and xbox 720p (1 Viewer)

chris*b

Stunt Coordinator
Alright, I got a new Panny 56wx53 and want to play some XBox games on it. My TV doesn't do native 720p unfortunately, but I believe it will convert it to 1080i. I also saw that someone else's set would not convert the 720p on the XBox, but would on other 720p feeds. Has anyone played a 720p XBox game on a *wx53 set? If so, did it convert it to 1080i? Also, how can I tell what format my set is using at a given moment. My father in laws Mits 73" displays the format whenever it recieves a feed apparently.

TIA!

728x90

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator
i have the 53 inch version of that set. it will not do 720. period. black screen. gotta step the xbox down to a lower rez.

as for showing what the input signal is, i dont see a way to show that. sorry.

ag.

chris*b

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm, that is a bummer. Maybe I need to get a video processor to convert it then. Does anyone know if it upconverts other sources that are 720p?

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator
if "it" means the tv, no. if you feed it (the tv) a 720 signal, nothing shows on the screen. the tv neither knows nor cares what is sending it the signal. x-box, dvd player, cable box, satellite box. all the same to the tv. you will either need to feed it a lower or higher rez signal.

ag.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryH12
Recent bookmarks