What's new

Panasonic vt50 and Yamaha rx-v567 (1 Viewer)

noob5684

Agent
Real Name
Colin B.
How can I save the setting in the Viera Connect option to Home Theater without having to switch from tv to Home Theater Every time? For instance to listen to music from the Pandora app on my Yamaha av receiver I have to manually switch from tv to home-theater with viera link. Any suggestion. Also I have the HDMI from the receiver plugged into the "ARC" hdmi port. and the Digital out port plugged in from the tv to av1 which the receiver switches just fine. but again I have to manually switch from tv to Home theater on the tv. Thank you in advanced.

noob5684

Agent
Real Name
Colin B.
OK so Let me start over. Why is every-time I turn on my TV I have to use the viera link to get sound to my receiver? Is there a way to save it. So I don't have to use the viera link every-time. The old lady will get frustrated with all the clicking. This is my second day with the tv.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I assume you are "using ARC"... But, changing inputs is what you "have to do"...so I'm not understanding the problem...cause as you've "explained it"...there is no problem. You are simply switching inputs...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Ok, now that you've made it "clearer"... Are you attempting to use the CEC functions? (VieraLink is CEC) If so...turn them all off. CEC between two manufacturers products rarely works correctly. So my "guess" is...with the Viera Link "on"...the TV always resets to it being the "center of attention". Easy answer...turn off the Viera Link...and whatever Yamaha calls it(maybe they simply call it CEC???)...turn it off.

noob5684

Agent
Real Name
Colin B.
Thank you. I am going to google how to turn those two off. and see if that works.

noob5684

Agent
Real Name
Colin B.
Thank you.. I didn't even know there were more setting options.. So this is what I did. In Viera link settings, I switch the power on option to on and switch the default speakers to theater. everything works great!! thank you so much Shan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Not every TV has the same settings as the next one...so your "cure" may not work for an LG/Samsung/Toshiba/Sony...etc. Glad you found a setting to your liking.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks