What's new

panasonic rp82 vs rp91 (1 Viewer)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Has anyone confirmed that the CP-72 changer is the same internally as the RP-82 single disc? Panny has a 30.00 rebate on all their changers, so it would be like getting 5 single disc RP82's for about 200 bux
Yes this has been verified on other forums. They opened both players and visually verified.

Chris

Jim J

Second Unit
Really 72 same as 82?
http://www.prodcat.panasonic.com/sho...Ds=15825ú15821
I see some differences
82 has that 72 does not:
4:3 Shrink Function w/ Letterbox Zoom & Shift (tho it seems everybody is saying the 82 doesn't have this?)
Gamma Correction
8-ch, 192kHz/24-bit Audio D/A Converter
3-Mode Digital Re-Master Processing
Optical, Coax Digital Audio Output

Maybe these things don't amount to much on the picture. That would be good to hear since I'd like the convenience of a 5 disc changer. (I could go for the coax digital however...)

Ron Alcasid

Stunt Coordinator
I'm thinking of replacing my RP91 with an 82. The 91 seems like a slug when it comes to disk access compared to my previous Denon DVD player. How does the 82 fare?

BobJ

Stunt Coordinator
I'm thinking of replacing my RP91 with an 82. The 91 seems like a slug when it comes to disk access compared to my previous Denon DVD player. How does the 82 fare?
It's faster. I find the initial load time a little bit slow (about 4-5 seconds, according to Panasonic this is due to wide varieties of disc formats it plays). However, it's pretty fast after this. The layer change is so quick that it is unnoticeable on most discs.

I found the 91's (and the RP-56's) access times so slow as to be very annoying. The 82 is fast enough not to annoy me, especially on multi-episode discs.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
It's faster. I find the initial load time a little bit slow (about 4-5 seconds, according to Panasonic this is due to wide varieties of disc formats it plays). However, it's pretty fast after this. The layer change is so quick that it is unnoticeable on most discs.
Not only that but at least on my RP82, when I first turn it on and immediately hit the eject button, the tray takes forever before it ejects--well...not forever, but it does seem to take around 4 secs before it comes out.

The layer change is a bit faster compared to the Toshiba SD5700 I now have in my bedroom, but I can still notice it on almost every disc I've played in the RP82 so far (which isn't a whole lot given that I've had the RP82 for only 2 weeks), including AOTC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks