What's new

Panasonic 42" Plasma - trying to narrow my search (1 Viewer)

peterac

Agent
Real Name
Peter
Hi all,

I have decided on purchasing a 42" Panasonic plasma. This gets me down to a few models. If I needed a stand and speakers on the TV I would be done with my decision and it would be a TH-42PX60U.

However, I will be hooking into a separate sound system so I do not need speakers. As a matter of fact not having speakers is my preference because this will make the TV less bulky on the wall.

Other than the professional series such as the TH-42PH9UK, are there other sets I should consider. Maybe there is a set with detachable speakers?
The one downside I know about with the professional series is that it comes with limited inputs but inputs can be added (I do not know if I want to get into that).

Thanks,
Pete R.

TicoTVA

Stunt Coordinator
There is the Pioneer CMX series 425CMX and the NEC 42XR5A series
these are great set but not nearly as robust as the Panasonic with its many terminal boards...

peterac

Agent
Real Name
Peter
Thanks for the positive comments on the 9UK model.

With that said, what inputs should I absolutely have on the set?

Thanks,
Pete R.

peterac

Agent
Real Name
Peter
I meant to ask...does your push towards the professional series TH-42PH9UK over the 42PX60U specifically come from the fact that I do not need the mount or speakers. In other words, if I wanted a stand and speakers would the 42PX60U be the way to go.

I am asking because we may not wall mount after all.

Thanks,
Peter R.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Peter

The PX60U is the way to go if you want to use a stand. Hands down winner. ~$3350 from Forum sponsor TVA.

peterac

Agent
Real Name
Peter

Thanks for the clarification Arthur. Regarding the price you mention, I am seeing this model between $1,800 and $2,200 when I do a search. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
-Pete R.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Sorry Peter

I am so used to people asking about the 50 inch model, that is where the $3,350 price came from.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks