What's new

Thin green vertical line on plasma TV-- is it dead? (1 Viewer)

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a Panasonic TH-42PX60U plasma TV in 2006. I love it, but now it has a green vertical line going up and down the middle of the screen. It's thin and not too annoying, but I'm wondering if this means I have to finally retire it or might it be fixable?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Even if you can find a shop that can get parts to repair a 15 year old plasma, you will probably be money ahead to go with a new display.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
My parents bought a 50" Panasonic plasma from Sears in 2006 and so far no issues. I guess Panasonic made those tv's well back then and sometimes wish they would sell tv's again in the US.

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the perspective, Clinton. I was wondering if that would be the better option. I'll probably drop a post next for recommended TVs with my much older, still working amp and Oppo Blu-ray player (although the tray for the disc sometimes won't open).

And, indeed, Angelo! This Panasonic was actually highly recommended on this forum back when I got it at a Black Friday sale at Best Buy. I spent a little over $400 back then, which was almost like 40% off. I really loved it and have hesitated buying the HD LCDs because I just don't like the color and images of higher def TVs. However, the blacks and grays were lacking in it as technology progressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks