Pac-Man Plus 4?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Greg_S_H, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I saw a really nifty little device on one of the home shopping channels earlier, and I wonder if anyone knows anything about it. It was this little arcade-cabinet shaped box (well, an arcade cabinet with the monitor section cut away) with a joystick and a button that connected to your TV's inputs and played Pac-Man, Galaxian, Dig Dug, Bosconian, and Rally-X. It was Namco branded, and the joystick had what looked to be a removable Pac-Man ghose covering the knob. I believe the channel said it retailed for $28, but they wanted $25. That's a pretty good price for that little gadget, and I'm wondering if anyone has seen them in any stores. I'd love to have one, and it'd make a good gift, too.

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

3. Peter-PP

Peter-PP Stunt Coordinator

The ScreenSavers on TechTV did a review on that product on live TV and they liked it. I liked it from what they showed on the show. For $25, you get 4 games and they look and play exactly like in the good old days.

4. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Very cool. I saw that in a games magazine and thought it would be a riot. Not a lot of horsepower needed to run that stuff now.

5. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

Yes, this is on QVC as a todays special today only. I noticed it immediately when I saw it. I might get one. It seems pretty neat. The design of the unit is much nicer than the one on Gamestop IMO. Plus, I really like the ghost as the joystick.

I will think about this. Most likely I will be picking one up though before the end of the day.

6. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Thanks, Kyle! I'll definitely get the bundle. I'm not sure I'll like the Atari games anymore, but I can't pass up that classic joystick. I just hope it doesn't break as easily as the original one did. :p)

Thanks, guys!

7. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Very cool. I saw that in a games magazine and thought it would be a riot. Not a lot of horsepower needed to run that stuff now. >>>

Remember the old Mini Cabs that had Pac-Man on it? All red graphics, the thing looked even worse than the Atari 2600 Version, and no volume so you just heard this annoying whoo whoo whoo whoo sound over and over again. Plus it needed 4 C Batteries IIRC...

Amazing how far things have advanced in just the last 20 years..