What's new

'P h o n e B o o t h' aka the possible redemption of Joel Schumacher. (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Rob. If you want to actually come across as intellectually as you seem to intend, you might be just a bit more careful with your spelling, grammar, typos and general sentence structure.

Your Sig even has a typo. (Which is fixed now)

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Side note: Are there any movies that Colin is NOT in this year?

I very skeptical about this film. Besides the Schumacher factor, which is big, I don't like what I saw in the trailers. Understandibly the trailer clips are taken out of context but they already display huge plot holes. Looks like another "dumb cops initially think the hostage is the shooter even though they don't see him shoot or see him with a gun" movie

Had the same thing happen in LSS and it pissed me off then and I'm sure it will piss me off in this movie too if the trailers hold true.

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, Hunter, I haven't seen the trailer, but the scenario you mentioned does not happen, to my recollection. There's a reason for them to think that.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I thought they handled the part with the shooting/suspicion that Farrell has a gun pretty well. Enough to my satisfaction as I was skeptical about this part going in.

Generally speaking, I think Schumacher's a hack, but Phone Booth is a solid thriller with some Old Testament conceits to make it more interesting than it might have been.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Joel Shumacher is going to have to make ten Citizen Kanes to make up for Batman & Robin to be even close to redemption.

However, Phone Booth looks like an interesting film...

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
I saw Phone Booth at the Toronto Film Fest
last year and really enjoyed it. I will be first in
line on opening day to see this one again. Oh
and the shooting suspicion part is explained
in the film. I saw the trailer recently again
and noticed that plot hole you were talking about.

-Mike

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I thought Tigerland would have brought Joel back. Also I have read in interviews about Bad Company and he totally admits it was a paycheck thing before the supposed "Strike" was going to happen. Still wrong yes, but understandable to me personally. Also, didn't he just film another one with Colin F.? Farrell is unstoppable in my opinion and with him and Oliver Stone getting together, should but be nothing but amazing!

THanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks